Argyle v Rotherham Review/Just back | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Rotherham Review/Just back

G

Greens12

oxfordpilgrim":2stcr7c8 said:
I've said this on another thread, but yeah it was embarrassing. Some jumped up kids trying to give it the big I AM at the back of the stand, hardly any chants from them about encouraging argyle, and from what i could see they wern't even watching the football, more interested in directing ridiculous sexual comments towards the FAMILY STAND! :facepalm: sad sad people and a real shame for us football fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyIQYxeV ... r_embedded so that's not getting behind Argyle? I bet you was one of the people sat at the front making zip noise yet say we don't get behind Argyle!

C

Craig Wiseman

No actually, I was stood at the back pretty much next to you guys! Some of the chants were argyle related and some were just pathetic in my opinion.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Mixed feelings with disappointment coming out on top. Can't say the outcome was unfair or unexpected.
Even though Cole made 4 good saves and they had a goal disallowed I thought we played well in the first half and put together some incisive moves, with Madjo and PCH linking well we could have nicked a couple ourselves.
Second half was a totally different matter. Macdonald, Young and Lowry had worked their socks off in the first half and it told after the hour. Their goal came after a very tired attempted pass from Lowry gave them the ball. Until he tired he was tidy and unspectacular which is just the role he was signed for.
Nelson won more than his fair share of headers and had a good all round game so Purse wasn't missed as much as I feared he would be. Feeney and Chadwick are not half as effective as Madjo alone who battled intelligently and effectively. After the goal 2-0 always looked a more likely outcome than us getting one back. In fact, I can't remembers us having an attack for the half hour leading up to the 89th minute.
We are beginning to play much better football but it will take time and we are not going to be overnight sensations. Patience will be key as a midtable finish this season would not be a disaster.

GA satisfactory but prolonged 'banter' lost its humour and songs far too fast to be picked up and sustained by the majority. First time I'd been in a nightclub for years and ever pre-match; I could understand why once in Liquid. Rotherham fans friendly and keen to chat outside the stadium but disappointingly quiet in the ground. Steep away end gave good view.
Next match for me will be Bradford where I hope to see my first victory of the season.

G

Greens12

oxfordpilgrim":g2v2uqx3 said:
No actually, I was stood at the back pretty much next to you guys! Some of the chants were argyle related and some were just pathetic in my opinion.

Away days are ment to be a laugh, that's what it was a laugh...

Nov 25, 2008
Puddletown
on my way back to the car, got chatting with a Rotherham fan. He thought we had come to play for the point, were quite negative and only one team tried to win. I said I thought it was slightly harsh, and said we ran the game for the first 20 mins of the second half, and he conceded he was happy when we took Madjo off as he looked as though he could nick something.

Really think MacDonald is struggling at the moment - he is not having the same impact as he did last season. I'm a fan of his, and really want him to set the game alight, but its just not happening - whether playing as a winger is getting him down, I don't know.

Gurrieri was quiet compared to previous games as well, but still think we should persevere with him playing behind the front two.

And yes - Chadwick coming on was baffling to most people!

On we go to Dorchester - 5 miles from home to ground for me, so a bit closer than this weekends jaunt!

C

Craig Wiseman

Mac Rickard":3tweigss said:
oxfordpilgrim":3tweigss said:

Again I argue the point is shouting sexual insults at the family stand your idea off a laugh? An honest answer will suffice.

G

Greens12

oxfordpilgrim":38b1mm8g said:
Mac Rickard":38b1mm8g said:
oxfordpilgrim":38b1mm8g said:

Again I argue the point is shouting sexual insults at the family stand your idea off a laugh? An honest answer will suffice.

Well...What person would do mimic's of death threats in the family stand to the away fans whith their kid next to them? And with the way she was acting it was fair in all honesty... All have different opinions don't we, can we not have our own?

C

Craig Wiseman

And I don't agree with that either. So as you failed to answer my question (as I expected) I rest my case.