Argyle v Rotherham Review/Just back | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Rotherham Review/Just back

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
The last two matches were always going to be difficult , but we did seem to play for a draw today.Hopefully a good result next week and onwards to round two.Playing to win is the only way to play.

Jan 12, 2009
loyal1970":112at8z2 said:
PAFCJames86":112at8z2 said:
mixed emotions after that game! was pleased with some of our play, we moved the ball well at times with paris causing many problems on the wing. Madjo i thought played very well, held the ball up and played some neat passes onto the wingers, i cant understand at all why fletcher took him off, i really dont get it!!!!!!!

1st half they were the better side with cole making many good saves and arni having a goal dissalowed but i didnt see the foul so we were lucky with that one.

2nd half the first twenty minutes it was all us, we were playing really well without testing their keeper. Then fletcher took madjo off for feeney and it all went wrong, the ball wasnt being held up and the pressure mounted. Chadwick then came on for andres and seconds later were one down, i was hoping we would go searching for an equaliser but it was dreadful, without madjo and andre we created nothing.

Chadwick was awful, please get rid of him, didnt win one ball in the air and looked useless.

In the end we could have got something out of the game, Madjo and Paris both had great chances. I do think rotherham will go up so it shows we can compete with the best, pringle looks a right player, ran the show.

Green army were great, loved the steve evans chants, hilarious!!
you think it was hilarious i think its pathetic like having a coach full of inbreds turning up perhaps when they get a bit older they may start acting a bit more grown up instead of a bunch of w.....s.

yeah was hilarious, i cant stand steve evans and if you dont like that kind of chanting you shouldnt be going to football matches! the stick the keeper got about where his walking stick was very funny too!!

Mar 18, 2006
Unlike Tuesday, it appears we got what we deserved today.

Happy that we are playing half decent football, but results are what matter.

Aug 10, 2006
PAFCJames86":27kohd4w said:
loyal1970":27kohd4w said:
PAFCJames86":27kohd4w said:
mixed emotions after that game! was pleased with some of our play, we moved the ball well at times with paris causing many problems on the wing. Madjo i thought played very well, held the ball up and played some neat passes onto the wingers, i cant understand at all why fletcher took him off, i really dont get it!!!!!!!

1st half they were the better side with cole making many good saves and arni having a goal dissalowed but i didnt see the foul so we were lucky with that one.

2nd half the first twenty minutes it was all us, we were playing really well without testing their keeper. Then fletcher took madjo off for feeney and it all went wrong, the ball wasnt being held up and the pressure mounted. Chadwick then came on for andres and seconds later were one down, i was hoping we would go searching for an equaliser but it was dreadful, without madjo and andre we created nothing.

Chadwick was awful, please get rid of him, didnt win one ball in the air and looked useless.

In the end we could have got something out of the game, Madjo and Paris both had great chances. I do think rotherham will go up so it shows we can compete with the best, pringle looks a right player, ran the show.

you think it was hilarious i think its pathetic like having a coach full of inbreds turning up perhaps when they get a bit older they may start acting a bit more grown up instead of a bunch of w.....s.

yeah was hilarious, i cant stand steve evans and if you dont like that kind of chanting you shouldnt be going to football matches! the stick the keeper got about where his walking stick was very funny too!!
been going 42 years and i have heard it all before but as i say some of that today was pathetic what the f..c has jimmy saville got to do with it you stupid c..t and don't come on here gobbing off you c..t

Oct 1, 2006
Southwell
Best team won no doubt about. Thought Madjo wasn't adding anything at all and at time he was substituted it was crying out for a change as we were on the back foot (also it should be noted if it wasn't for Cole we would have been at least one down at half time and deservedly so). Took a friend today whose comments on Madjo weren't as kind as mine. So reasonable substitution to my way of thinking. Heard the chants but the only thing that annoyed me (and I have been going for over 30 years) was the idiots who berated Chadwick as soon as he set foot on the pitch and it has continued on here for no good reason given the amount of time he was on pitch and the fact Rotherham were in the ascendency and he had very little to work with.

See Kari was invited down to with players to applaud fans but he reticently (it seemed to me) refused but did applaud from the half way line - top man. He did play well although we allowed him a lot of time and space exactly the opposite we were allowed and that was the difference in teams and why Rotherham won.

Thought they were a good side and will be pushing for promotion

Regards,

Jan 12, 2009
dont know what game you were watching to think madjo was so poor, he was very good today with the scraps he was given, held the ball up well, linked others into play, just lacked the cutting edge at times. Chadwick was totally useless, such a poor player, all our hopes are on the fireman when madjo goes back to aldershot as chad and feeney are just not good enough.

Oct 18, 2011
Agree with a lot of what's been said. We missed Hourihane. Lowry looked tidy but a yard or two off the pace, am assuming (hoping) that's down to injury and he'll soon filly recover. Madjo is strong and puts a shift in, playing the lone striker role well, but for me with one fairly major letdown, he never really looks like scoring. If he did then I don't think he'd be with us.

We were outmuscled again today, which was the major reason we lost. I like Luke Young, and I think he will be a great player ( for us or someone else) but unfortunately he's just too lightweight for us at the moment.

The poster who said Rotherham are poor was wrong. They're not an aesthetically pleasing side, but they're strong, tall, well drilled and will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Unlike Cheltenham they didn't allow us to play today. The past few games has shown where we are in the league. Good enough to beat the weaker teams, but not good enough to compete with those at the top. Mid table mediocrity here we come.

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
loyal1970":1zc2ngu7 said:
PAFCJames86":1zc2ngu7 said:
loyal1970":1zc2ngu7 said:
PAFCJames86":1zc2ngu7 said:

been going 42 years and i have heard it all before but as i say some of that today was pathetic what the f..c has jimmy saville got to do with it you stupid c..t and don't come on here gobbing off you c..t

Pipe down

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Just Back after a bit of a diversion.

Start of the game Argyle had to contend with 3 changes, incliuding Lowry who it seems has only had normal training plus 60 minutes of a friendly against Exeter. We finished with Chadwick and Feeney up front, so not hard to see how poorly we finished.

We started brightly enough but once again, physically, were no match for the opposition and despite songs had a genuine winger in the number 15, pace and control, something we do not possess.

Typically, Arnasson had not forgotten how to long throw and it became, like at Argyle, a staple weapon. When he "scored" in the first half, momentaril;y most greens seemed to think "b*gger, thats what we expected" but the referee spotting an infringment and we escaped.

Sadly the second half saw us put under even more pressure without reply for the most part and their goal when it came seemed inevitable.

Plus points? Nelson looked composed in the absense of Pursey; Lowry, although not mattch fit, gave us necessary height and bite in midfield but head and shoulders was Cole in goal who was tthe difference between a narrow defeat and a rout.

Minus points? No real look that goals would come and some doubt why Chadders and Feeney could ever score yet we continued to play strikers as wingers.

Small additional point, for those that arrived early there seemed a huge police presence, even wagons brought in from Leicestershire. However, it appeared that the BNP were in town again ratherthan the Green Army. Decent new ground, so another to tick off list.

G

Green Monk

We defended well and nelson did a decent job and was more mobile than Purse.

We didn't keep the ball, hardly attacked and struggled to fashion any clear cut chances. We need players with presence, Rotherham had these types of players and were rewarded.
In short, if our passing game doesn't work we look an average team with no plan B.

C

Craig Wiseman

James Owen":1bd2rb0v said:
loyal1970":1bd2rb0v said:
PAFCJames86":1bd2rb0v said:
loyal1970":1bd2rb0v said:
PAFCJames86":1bd2rb0v said:

Pipe down

I've said this on another thread, but yeah it was embarrassing. Some jumped up kids trying to give it the big I AM at the back of the stand, hardly any chants from them about encouraging argyle, and from what i could see they wern't even watching the football, more interested in directing ridiculous sexual comments towards the FAMILY STAND! :facepalm: sad sad people and a real shame for us football fans.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
1st game of the season for me. Was a total non-event in my opinion. Argyle only broke out of their own half sporadically. After the first half of sizing R'ham up I thought they looked like they were there for the taking if Argyle had shown a bit more attacking ambition in the second half but instead they came out for the second half with the clear goal of taking a point and got what they deserved for it.
Madjo went off because he was knackered playing up front on his own. At one point in the second half he took the ball with a clear run towards goal in front of him and tried punting a cross-field ball to no-one in particular. Maybe if Argyle had got up the pitch in support of him a bit more often he would't have been quite so drained.
Cole was good though and dealt quite well with the ariel stuff, which he often gets criticism for