Argyle v Rotherham Review/Just back | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Rotherham Review/Just back

Jun 13, 2012
Sunderland
So whilst waiting for the train I thought I'd put up a quick review.

All in all a fairly disappointing result in my opinion. First half we started brightly with a few attacks on the Rotherham goal, Madjo missing what seemed to be a sitter! As the half drew on we sat back and Rotherham finished the half the better team, Jake Cole pulled off some fantastic saves to keep it all square at the break. In fairness I thought we defended well and looked pretty solid.

Second half we started pretty well with a few noteable attacks and had Rotherham worried. As in the first half Madjo held the ball up very well but just lacked a pass at times. Rotherham gained confidence as the game went on with and deserved their winner, we just couldn't get out of our half and at times out penalty area. Taking Madjo off was a mistake in my eyes as we couldn't make the ball stick up front which contributed to their goal.

Ref was very picky and, as always these days, very inconsistent! Sometimes it just required a fair 50/50 challenge and he'd blow up.

At times we played the ball well on the deck but it spent too much time in the air against a bigger team.

Onwards to Sunday and a place in Rnd 2 please!

COYG

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
two poor sides
had one nil written all over it
would have been 3 or 4 against a decent side
midfield poor gifting too much possession
looked dodgy at the back height wise although all the back 4 did ok

madjo an engine up front fletcher gifted them the freedom of the park when he went off
Paris good first half but faded
feeney and Chadwick were terrible Chadwick missed a late header well wide and should have done better

overall I don't see how we are improving on this performance
we are hard to beat but offer little threat

Lowry didn't look fit and to be fair I was disappointed with him

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
I was too Eden we BADLY missed Hourihane. Lowry had his moments but seemed a bit slow and sluggish, Conor is a vital part of the team and we missed him today. Chadwick was awful, don't want to see him come on when we could have had a young striker on the bench eager to play, the opposite of Chadwick I'm afraid.

Jan 12, 2009
mixed emotions after that game! was pleased with some of our play, we moved the ball well at times with paris causing many problems on the wing. Madjo i thought played very well, held the ball up and played some neat passes onto the wingers, i cant understand at all why fletcher took him off, i really dont get it!!!!!!!

1st half they were the better side with cole making many good saves and arni having a goal dissalowed but i didnt see the foul so we were lucky with that one.

2nd half the first twenty minutes it was all us, we were playing really well without testing their keeper. Then fletcher took madjo off for feeney and it all went wrong, the ball wasnt being held up and the pressure mounted. Chadwick then came on for andres and seconds later were one down, i was hoping we would go searching for an equaliser but it was dreadful, without madjo and andre we created nothing.

Chadwick was awful, please get rid of him, didnt win one ball in the air and looked useless.

In the end we could have got something out of the game, Madjo and Paris both had great chances. I do think rotherham will go up so it shows we can compete with the best, pringle looks a right player, ran the show.

Green army were great, loved the steve evans chants, hilarious!!

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
PAFCJames86":868r7vsn said:
mixed emotions after that game! was pleased with some of our play, we moved the ball well at times with paris causing many problems on the wing. Madjo i thought played very well, held the ball up and played some neat passes onto the wingers, i cant understand at all why fletcher took him off, i really dont get it!!!!!!!

1st half they were the better side with cole making many good saves and arni having a goal dissalowed but i didnt see the foul so we were lucky with that one.

2nd half the first twenty minutes it was all us, we were playing really well without testing their keeper. Then fletcher took madjo off for feeney and it all went wrong, the ball wasnt being held up and the pressure mounted. Chadwick then came on for andres and seconds later were one down, i was hoping we would go searching for an equaliser but it was dreadful, without madjo and andre we created nothing.

Chadwick was awful, please get rid of him, didnt win one ball in the air and looked useless.

In the end we could have got something out of the game, Madjo and Paris both had great chances. I do think rotherham will go up so it shows we can compete with the best, pringle looks a right player, ran the show.

My thoughts exactly!

Yes they were funny :lol:

Jan 12, 2009
ratings also

Cole 9
Berry 7
Nelson 7
Blanchard 7
Griffiths 7
Paris 8
Young 6
Lowry 5
Macdonald 5
Andres 6
Madjo 8

Chadwick 1
Feeney 5
Bhasera 3

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
There goal came from an Argyle attack where MacDonald slipped and could not recover as well. Il do my ratings:

Cole 9
Berry 7
Blanchard 6
Nelson 6
Griffiths 6
Cowan-Hall 7
Young 5
Lowry 5
MacDonald 5
Andres 7
Madjo 7

Feeney 4
Bhasera 4
Chadwick 2

Please Fletch put one of the youngsters on the bench instead of Chadwick who will gain experience by travelling with the team and getting the odd few minutes here and there.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
to be honest can't understand why griffiths didn't come on if madjo needed to go off
would have liked to see Lennox come on rather than chadwick

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
The substitutions cost Argyle at least a point, totally bamboozling. They started well in the 2nd half then Madjo and Gurrieri were taken off and were replaced by Feeney and Chadwick. Just couldn't understand it. Were they injured ? Crazy, crazy, crazy.

Aug 10, 2006
PAFCJames86":2d9kr0ig said:

you think it was hilarious i think its pathetic like having a coach full of inbreds turning up perhaps when they get a bit older they may start acting a bit more grown up instead of a bunch of w.....s.

Aug 10, 2006
German Shepherd":rj75rjpd said:
The substitutions cost Argyle at least a point, totally bamboozling. They started well in the 2nd half then Madjo and Gurrieri were taken off and were replaced by Feeney and Chadwick. Just couldn't understand it. Were they injured ? Crazy, crazy, crazy.
agree i thought we were well in the game why he took them off god knows also funny how opinions differ i thought lowry did ok.