Argyle v Ipswich Town - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Ipswich Town - the build up

Who will win?

• The Pilgrims

Votes: 90 41.5%
  • The Tractor Boys

Votes: 25 11.5%
  • I'll take a draw

Votes: 102 47.0%

• Total voters

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ipswich have acclimatised to this division spectacularly. They've signed well and shrewdly to add to what they already had. McKenna is clearly a good coach. I think he's tried to instill a sort of Manchester United mid to late 90s arrogance about his side, with the result being that arrogance spilling over into outright thuggery by a number of their players when things aren't going their way (Morsy on Randell in lg.1, Luongo raking his studs down Whitaker's calf earlier this season when, but for a notoriously weak ref, we'd have beaten them).
What I'm trying to say is, they're good, very good, but they're also pretty foul and unlikable (although Broadhead always comes across as the exception in their side as a normal human).
I think the midfield we fielded against Boro has the potential to go toe to toe with their shitkickers and we know Morsy won't like it if Gyabi starts making him look as stupid and agricultural as Camara did a couple of seasons ago when he was reduced to lunging studs-up attacks.
Equally, he didn't like Matete either and he was timid up at theirs when JM played so a fit Forshaw, who won't be remotely phased by Morsy might be an option on this occasion.

Our midfield are now no pushovers physically.

I'd fancy either Gyabi or Forshaw (and Randell to an extent) to put themselves about and Morsy the thug to becoome the thugee on Saturday. If Gyabi plays higher up the pitch I can't see Morsy winning any headers against Gyabi from a kickoff for example. 100% Morsy gets book on Saturday imo. prob on Gyabi who runs away from him and Morsy illegally brings him down.

Reactions: up the line

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Our midfield are now no pushovers physically.

I'd fancy either Gyabi or Forshaw (and Randell to an extent) to put themselves about and Morsy the thug to becoome the thugee on Saturday. If Gyabi plays higher up the pitch I can't see Morsy winning any headers against Gyabi from a kickoff for example. 100% Morsy gets book on Saturday imo. prob on Gyabi who runs away from him and Morsy illegally brings him down.
It's Ipswich, ref would just wave play on. :)

Apr 22, 2011
West Yorkshire
Looking at Ipswich’s recent results they’ve beaten teams in lower part of the league but struggled against teams in the top half. Lets hope they’re due an over confidence ‘hiccup’ 🤞😉

Reactions: IvyG

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
With all the Tractors in Plymouth on Saturday, it will make the city look like Paris of recent days!

Like others have posted I hope karma will prevail after the game at Portman Road.
No Karma for the Coventry fixture.

May 16, 2016
As amusing as reminding them of last season might be, it's fair to say they've done better than us thus far in this one.

It'll be tough no doubt, but neither of us will be promoted or relegated on Saturday. Let's hope the Ipswich arrogance / bewilderment issues help us in that they'll assume an easy win but struggle to get to grips with it being anything but - if at all.

Who knows, we could be playing each other again next season which would be nice.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
If Schuey had stuck with 3 at the back we may well have done a lot better than we have........ still time to show these boys that we will be there next season for them to play if they miss out on promotion.

Oct 10, 2018
This games got goals and drama written all over it.

The physical strength and reading of play by Keifer Moore and the speed of balance of N Broadbent is going stretch Galloway and Gibson, so going to need to be focused and at our very best, but down the wide defensive positions for me is where Argyle will be most vulnerable.

However the team who protects the ball and its distribution will win this one.

Intriguing battle is Randell against Luago, Houghton against Morsley or Hutchinson.

Argyle will need a big performance from Darko G like he had against boro, then we have a good chance, as Whittaker and Hardie can.pose there defensive line problems every day of the week, there two CB are really poor, and if we press them hard from the front they have plenty of mistakes moving possession.

Argyles defensive record is poor and no where near there league status, its there midfield and front line threat that's impressive.

Though I do not see them going up, Ipswich will make the play offs just 6th or 7th, but defensively across two ties will get knocked out. Ironically.i.actually Norwich a better chance of getting through the play offs, if the canaries get in.

Oct 10, 2018
This of all fixtures is the one I would hate Argyle to loose, well as Plymothian and passionate Argyle fan, who lived in Ipswich between 1994 - 2004, I had to endure the arrogance and mockery of tractor boy fans when we got relegated at hands of Cambridge whilst they got promoted to premier league under George Burley and finished 6th.

The press of the evening star are so blinkered its embarrassing, remember them 3 in Championship playing Grimsby were were 7th, at Portman Road, the paper snd fans stating a minimum 2-0 wins, at the time grimsby had a great defensive, physical and well drilled beat them 0-1, and all I heard was, sour grapes for.next few months, so hate there local media- can see where Alan Partridge came from, makes spotlight look like it should be up for an Emmie, or Tony award.