Argyle v Ipswich Town - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Ipswich Town - the build up

Who will win?

• The Pilgrims

Votes: 90 41.5%
  • The Tractor Boys

Votes: 25 11.5%
  • I'll take a draw

Votes: 102 47.0%

• Total voters

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Perhaps we should all make models of the delightful Mr Morsey and stick pins into him!:eek:

Reactions: 999mattyg
May 11, 2023
Hoping we can deal with Kieffer Moore. One of the Ipswich strengths is aerial duels and it isn't one of our strong points. Hopefully Foster will have a plan for dealing with him and their aerial threat more generally.

Nov 18, 2011
Too true. They are third in the table for a reason. Only lost 4 with goal difference of +23. Won their last four matches, drew 2-2 with WBA but did get beat 2-1 away to Preston earlier in the month.

I'd take a draw as well.
They were flying when we played them at Portman Road. If the referee was doing his job then we could well have won, they didn't really outplay us. I think it'll be close and we could sneak a win.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve got good vibes for this one, remind them who won the league.

Who did win the League 1 title last year? I genuinely have forgotten - can someone remind me where the title trophy is right now?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Hoping we can deal with Kieffer Moore. One of the Ipswich strengths is aerial duels and it isn't one of our strong points. Hopefully Foster will have a plan for dealing with him and their aerial threat more generally.

I see Phillips playing in this one if Moore is on the pitch and personally I think he'll have Moore in his pocket.

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I usually vote in the poll on the Sunday after the game, but I'd definitely take a draw in this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Rogue
May 11, 2023
Like several others, I'd happily take a point from this one. We've played 6 of our 8 fixtures against the top four teams and are yet to get a single point. Hopefully Saturday will change that.

Reactions: NearlyCornish

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Ipswich have acclimatised to this division spectacularly. They've signed well and shrewdly to add to what they already had. McKenna is clearly a good coach. I think he's tried to instill a sort of Manchester United mid to late 90s arrogance about his side, with the result being that arrogance spilling over into outright thuggery by a number of their players when things aren't going their way (Morsy on Randell in lg.1, Luongo raking his studs down Whitaker's calf earlier this season when, but for a notoriously weak ref, we'd have beaten them).
What I'm trying to say is, they're good, very good, but they're also pretty foul and unlikable (although Broadhead always comes across as the exception in their side as a normal human).
I think the midfield we fielded against Boro has the potential to go toe to toe with their shitkickers and we know Morsy won't like it if Gyabi starts making him look as stupid and agricultural as Camara did a couple of seasons ago when he was reduced to lunging studs-up attacks.
Equally, he didn't like Matete either and he was timid up at theirs when JM played so a fit Forshaw, who won't be remotely phased by Morsy might be an option on this occasion.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

I'd suggest that our stats regarding aerial duels is across the whole season rather than just since we signed Ashley Phillips and Darko Gyabi who are both bloomin massive and I can't recall any team being dominant over us in that aspect since they both joined.