Argyle v Callington or watch England on the box? (Postponed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Callington or watch England on the box? (Postponed)

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Argylegames":1ck2nu4o said:
The playoff game is the most pointless game in football. Neither of the teams involved have any interest in it, they would rather have gone home the day after the semi-final they lost. If you lose in one of the earlier rounds you just go home and no-one cares if you were 5th - 8th. FIFA insists on this stupid game.

Agreed. I don't think I've ever watched one in my life. It must be soul-destroying for the losing semi-finalists to have to hang around for another three days waiting for a pointless game when they just want to go home and get over the disappointment.

Nov 18, 2011
If Belgium lose tonight and we lose tomorrow then the 3rd place play off gives our reserves the opportunity to gain revenge on Belgium's reserves!

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Argylegames":1sednf12 said:
The playoff game is the most pointless game in football. Neither of the teams involved have any interest in it, they would rather have gone home the day after the semi-final they lost. If you lose in one of the earlier rounds you just go home and no-one cares if you were 5th - 8th. FIFA insists on this stupid game.

You may think so. Personally, I'm so proud and delighted that this England team, technically inferior to its predecessors but with so much more grit, have to chance to establish themselves as the third best team in the World Cup even if they lose tomorrow.

Sep 6, 2006
landons forehead":39c13onw said:
Argylegames":39c13onw said:

You may think so. Personally, I'm so proud and delighted that this England team, technically inferior to its predecessors but with so much more grit, have to chance to establish themselves as the third best team in the World Cup even if they lose tomorrow.

Proud whether they are 3rd or 4th. Doesn't make much difference. No need to put disappointed exhausted players through another game.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Balham_Green":31gyapxk said:
landons forehead":31gyapxk said:
Argylegames":31gyapxk said:

Proud whether they are 3rd or 4th. Doesn't make much difference. No need to put disappointed exhausted players through another game.

If 3rd or 4th doesn't make any difference to you, I'm not sure you understand either football or the general concept of potential vs achievement.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Surely its an achievement with the potential to be even better. Keep sir southgate at the helm and we will be awesome

Sep 6, 2006
landons forehead":1sfsg4b0 said:
Balham_Green":1sfsg4b0 said:
landons forehead":1sfsg4b0 said:
Argylegames":1sfsg4b0 said:

If 3rd or 4th doesn't make any difference to you, I'm not sure you understand either football or the general concept of potential vs achievement.

Perhaps you could enlighten me. I am mystified of the relationship between 3/4th place and potential /achievement. Hope your enjoy your wasted 90 minutes tomorrow anyway watching 22 uninterested players.

Aug 4, 2011
Makes a mockery of the Golden Boot, a free hit for someone to claim the golden boot by scoring a few in a meaningless game after being eliminated.

Scrap it

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps that's what it's about John, a chance for the bent FIFA officials to make more money.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
football-bet-data":anirywhj said:
Makes a mockery of the Golden Boot, a free hit for someone to claim the golden boot by scoring a few in a meaningless game after being eliminated.

Scrap it

Didn't think this game would count towards the Golden Boot given both teams have been knocked out...

Aug 4, 2011
Willis88":nepbrfn0 said:
football-bet-data":nepbrfn0 said:

Scrap it

Didn't think this game would count towards the Golden Boot given both teams have been knocked out...

Top goalscorer bet is still open and you can get 1/25 on 'arry still. So I think it does count. If it doesn't get everything you have and lump in on Kane now

Also, I think Schillachi (sp) clinched the Golden boot in '90 with his goal in the 3rd / 4th play off game if memory serves?