Argyle v Callington or watch England on the box? (Postponed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Callington or watch England on the box? (Postponed)

Jul 14, 2008
HC Green":1zx43p0l said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":1zx43p0l said:
"Grandad, where were you when England beat Croatia 3-2 in the World Cup semi-final?"

"Well boy, I was watching Argyle play Callington in a meaningless pre-season friendly, it was great to see the boys gently easing themselves back to fitness against vastly inferior opposition!"

No games involving Argyle are meaningless, if they were why play them?

Not meaningless to the players in terms of some getting some early fitness but meaningless to the fans. If I lived in Callington I might wander along if I had nothing better to do on a Wednesday evening but to miss your country playing in a World Cup semi is bonkers and a bit weird.

Mar 8, 2016
Surely callington and argyle can sort out changing the match to either Tuesday or Thursday? Seems Such a shame a local team will miss out on so much revenue due to it clashing with the England match.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Army green":3o0mko56 said:
Surely callington and argyle can sort out changing the match to either Tuesday or Thursday? Seems Such a shame a local team will miss out on so much revenue due to it clashing with the England match.

There's already games against Torpoint and Penzance scheduled for those days. It will be interesting to see if the first team play against Callington.

May 8, 2011
Emu":20rz3csw said:
HC Green":20rz3csw said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":20rz3csw said:
"Grandad, where were you when England beat Croatia 3-2 in the World Cup semi-final?"

"Well boy, I was watching Argyle play Callington in a meaningless pre-season friendly, it was great to see the boys gently easing themselves back to fitness against vastly inferior opposition!"

Hope you enjoy yourself at Callington ;)

I will because I will be watching Argyle play and also watching England on my iPhone and also helping the finances of a local team.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":1lf1s9nc said:
Emu":1lf1s9nc said:
HC Green":1lf1s9nc said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":1lf1s9nc said:

Hope you enjoy yourself at Callington ;)

I will because I will be watching Argyle play and also watching England on my iPhone and also helping the finances of a local team.

You could be lonely! Try as I might I just can't see the sense of occasion at Callington matching Moscow. Surely common sense will prevail and they will bring k.off forward?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I read on Twitter (so it’s 100% fact ;) ) that Callington had asked to change the time but Argyle have refused.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Daz":1s1juqnv said:
I read on Twitter (so it’s 100% fact ;) ) that Callington had asked to change the time but Argyle have refused.

I also read on Twitter that Callington had asked England to change the kick-off time but they refused. :)

Sep 6, 2006
Daz":1gnqsuhi said:

Sounds unlikely. Why would it bother Argyle?

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Unless you couldn’t give a rats arse about the biggest footballing occasion this country has seen in decades you’d be bonkers watching a PSF over the semi final.

Vast majority of people are club over country but missing history in the making? Come on.

With another friendly on a Tuesday at Torpoint I wonder how many of the first team will be at Callington on wednesday anyway.

May 8, 2011
Sam Barker":34golwz8 said:
Unless you couldn’t give a rats arse about the biggest footballing occasion this country has seen in decades you’d be bonkers watching a PSF over the semi final.

Vast majority of people are club over country but missing history in the making? Come on.

With another friendly on a Tuesday at Torpoint I wonder how many of the first team will be at Callington on wednesday anyway.

I would expect all the first team squad to be at Callington as it will probably be two different teams in each half with different combination of players used in each game to let Adams and co see how the different combination of players gel or not.

If Callington could move the game to Thursday I’m sure Argyle would agree. The friendly against Penzance on Thursday is the U18 team.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
pilgrimB173":1rw6y9gt said:
Aren't the players at the shop on Thursday evening to meet the fans?
Yes, 6.30pm until 8.00pm.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Keepitgreen":tzturnvr said:
pilgrimB173":tzturnvr said:
Aren't the players at the shop on Thursday evening to meet the fans?
Yes, 6.30pm until 8.00pm.

Aren't they also due at Penlee Park, Penzance for a friendly. This will be my nearest friendly game. I hope DA will not be sending a Youth XI. i was hoping to get a playing glimpse of the new signings.