Argyle v Burton match thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Burton match thread

Aug 10, 2006
landons forehead":3oblgz6u said:
lipsonlad67":3oblgz6u said:
That webcam's the best thing since sliced bread one minute and does my head in the next, when watching the reactions from the Burton fans to work out what's happened before ifollow catches up.

Wait, Burton brought some fans?
fair play to them for supporting there local team.

Feb 2, 2007
3 defensive howlers and 1 good finish.

Fox has been poor
Central defenders not good enough
GK suspect

Lamerias movement has been good, good finishes by Freddy but our link up play is disjointed and Burton are always looking more likely. Full backs have done ok but not getting forward enough.

Ref is poor.

Aug 11, 2013
I really don’t get the ASB fan club. Lost count how many times Grant has been pulled out of position covering for him.

Think this could all end in tears unfortunately despite the good showing offensively.

Jul 6, 2011
arrythewurzel":1395pus5 said:
I really don’t get the ASB fan club. Lost count how many times Grant has been pulled out of position covering for him.

Think this could all end in tears unfortunately despite the good showing offensively.

I think once Sawyer is fit I cannot see ASB getting much of a look in. Just doesn't do the basics for me.

Oct 31, 2015
Sarcs and Fox doing better.

Freddie has taken his chances well and Ruben movement is causing them concern.

Now our defence!!!Jesus what a waste of players and I include the keeper. His saves are saves any keeper should make sonothing special there. ASB is not a left back and Eddy is nit not lg1 standards.

The only way we are staying in this league with this defence is by scoring more goals than our opponents because we wont get many clean sheets.

Footbal going firward better than previous games. Defensively its laughable

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
ealinggreen":1o2hx8d9 said:
That is a really small team and watching Burton warm up they are huge.
Good call that!

Our back four aside, we've been very good. O'Keefe and Ruben have been excellent, and fair play to Ladapo, he still can't hold the ball up for toffee but the first goal was fantastic.

Macey seems to be getting some stick for the set piece goals... no idea why. Both crosses were too far out for him to claim, and quite simply we aren't winning the first balls. Yes Burton are a big team, but we just haven't been good enough dealing with them - they are very one-dimensional.

HT ratings: Macey 6, Moore 6, Edwards 4, P.Grant 4, ASB 4, Fox 6, O'Keefe 9, Sarcevic 7, Lameiras 8, Carey 5, Ladapo 7.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
nick_PASTIE":9cgn8x7x said:
OKeefe is poor
How on EARTH can you say that based on that half. Talk about pre-conceived ideas, he used the ball superbly in that half. Complete contrast to last week where he WAS poor.

Dec 2, 2010
Looks like the only way we're gonna win this is score 4 and park the bus and dig a trench on the half-way line!

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Strange game.

Burton playing better football, moving it out from back and then out wide where their big guys are winning it against ASB. Our defending set pieces and generally is League 2 standard. Burton should have scored 4.

Then we played in fits and starts, a lot of hopeless and aimless balls followed by some nice interplay with Sarc energy in midfield a difference. Ruben has squandered two great positions to pass to someone else and being too intricate. Freddie has been excellent. We have had less chances but could have scored 3.

Who knows that the final score will be?

I think we need Ness and Canavan on for Fox and Grant to tighten up. Fox is not screening the back 4 like Songo and this defence is very weak and needs that protection, ness cna do a better job of this.

This could end 3-3 or 4-3 either way is my prediction.

I agree with previous poster about defence. We are going to need Sawyer back and hope Wotton or Canavan improve or we will need to get at least one decent defender in transfer window.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
lipsonlad67":3rn9hz6y said:
landons forehead":3rn9hz6y said:
lipsonlad67":3rn9hz6y said:
That webcam's the best thing since sliced bread one minute and does my head in the next, when watching the reactions from the Burton fans to work out what's happened before ifollow catches up.

Wait, Burton brought some fans?

There's definitely two in shot in their yellow shirts. Oh wait, one's a steward.

Still more than I expected.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Commentator spends a minute talking about the penalty at Exeter, then announces Burton have a corner. No idea of the play in the run up to the corner. Utter crap.