Argyle V Blackburn match thread/predictions. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle V Blackburn match thread/predictions.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Saturday Service":2q7wl3u9 said:
John Cooper":2q7wl3u9 said:
Surprised no one has mentioned the 4-1 home win of the 80’s. From memory, Argyle needed to win to stay up, a defeat would leave them sweating on other results. If memory again serves correctly, we went in at half time 4-0 up and went on to win 4-1. Id take some of that today.

April 91 I think without the use of Google!
There goal was very late on and was it not scored by an ex Man Utd player? I keep thinking Frank Stapleton but I'm not sure he even played for Blackburn!

I think you’re right with Stapleton, GOS says April 1991

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
John Cooper":qghxi57w said:
Saturday Service":qghxi57w said:
John Cooper":qghxi57w said:
Surprised no one has mentioned the 4-1 home win of the 80’s. From memory, Argyle needed to win to stay up, a defeat would leave them sweating on other results. If memory again serves correctly, we went in at half time 4-0 up and went on to win 4-1. Id take some of that today.

April 91 I think without the use of Google!
There goal was very late on and was it not scored by an ex Man Utd player? I keep thinking Frank Stapleton but I'm not sure he even played for Blackburn!

I think you’re right with Stapleton, GOS says April 1991
I couldn’t find their team or goal scorer on GoS and struggled to find that information on Google.

Didn’t try hard enough, I guess.

Jan 27, 2012
pedro91":2yeuer5k said:
The wind could play a part today !!!

I seem to remember a 2-2 home draw with Blackburn where the wind played a huge part in the game. Probably 1980s but I might be mistaken ??

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Yep, my glass is half empty as normal! Blackburn to strong 1-3.

Aug 17, 2006
D'ont agree with Vyner coming in. Songo'o should have started imo.Nothing against him but what has Yan got to do. We should be using our own players unless there is a clause that Vyner must play if fit, if so it is wrong. Anyway I still want us to win.