Argyle V Blackburn match thread/predictions. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle V Blackburn match thread/predictions.

Feb 17, 2017
samjones":2y8ctfsg said:
Repeat of Wigan performance. Plenty of ball without really looking like scoring whilst opposition show their class and finish their chances. Huff and puff but flatter to deceive in a defeat 0 - 2.

Another loss prediction sam shock horror!

Can see a 2-1 win, will be a tough game they are missing mulgrew which will be a big loss for them. I think we would have learnt a lot from the Wigan game, with better game management and keeping concentration I feel we can get a result if we perform like we can.

Dec 3, 2005
Remember we played Blackburn when both teams were 1st and 2nd in League and we had over 25,000 for the midweek game, great atmosphere. Though I think we lost 5- 2 but played them up there not long after and we won 2 -1 .

Hopefully over 12,00 and an Argyle win, best of 5 goals :)

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
GreenArmy1984":27qducwo said:
Our 1st home game vs Blackburn since May 1992

David Speedie Hat-trick past Peter Shilton got us relegated

Tommy Tynan scored all 4 goals vs Blackburn on the late 80s as we won 4-3

Blimey yes I guess it must be.. One of my earliest darkest memories (first personal relegation experienced!).

COYG, would be great to give them a little touch of payback all these years later.

Mar 8, 2016
Blackburn are on a 18 game unbeaten run, it’s coming to an end tomorrow, 1-0 win, Sarcevic with the goal. 12,058 in attendance.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
djg145":208m1l2y said:
Remember we played Blackburn when both teams were 1st and 2nd in League and we had over 25,000 for the midweek game, great atmosphere. Though I think we lost 5- 2 but played them up there not long after and we won 2 -1 .

Hopefully over 12,00 and an Argyle win, best of 5 goals :)

Other way around with the scores.

I'll take a point from this one 1-1

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I think we'll just be outpunched. As Steve Evans said, Dack is mustard - probably the best player in the division. They've got loads of quality elsewhere in their team too.

A battling 1-2 defeat. Church with our consolation goal off the bench late on.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Surprised no one has mentioned the 4-1 home win of the 80’s. From memory, Argyle needed to win to stay up, a defeat would leave them sweating on other results. If memory again serves correctly, we went in at half time 4-0 up and went on to win 4-1. Id take some of that today.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
samjones":279ewlzg said:
Repeat of Wigan performance. Plenty of ball without really looking like scoring whilst opposition show their class and finish their chances. Huff and puff but flatter to deceive in a defeat 0 - 2.
Where's the #RELEGATIONISNAILEDON?

Feb 5, 2006
Plymouth.
John Cooper":1a36wi8g said:
Surprised no one has mentioned the 4-1 home win of the 80’s. From memory, Argyle needed to win to stay up, a defeat would leave them sweating on other results. If memory again serves correctly, we went in at half time 4-0 up and went on to win 4-1. Id take some of that today.

April 91 I think without the use of Google!
There goal was very late on and was it not scored by an ex Man Utd player? I keep thinking Frank Stapleton but I'm not sure he even played for Blackburn!

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Steve Evans":gz0ctvyn said:
samjones":gz0ctvyn said:
Where's the #RELEGATIONISNAILEDON?

I think Sam should get up to Sid James Park and give the team talk to Excreta before kick off. They may lose 9 v 0.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Good crowd, good atmosphere and on current form it should be a closely fought affair. I think both sides would happily take a point from this one. I would too in the grand scheme of things. 1-1 in front of 11,873.