Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Leon Horn":2ongurv9 said:
How do I create an Argyle account? Can't seem to find the option to register anywhere.

On the top line there is what looks lie a square with an arrow going into it from the right. Click on that and then click on “Register” to create an account.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Has anybody over 70 tried to put in their D.O.B. Have I missed an easy way to add my DOB, I gave up after scrolling back month by month for 5 years.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
plymouthboyuk":r0h7f4hg said:
Has anybody over 70 tried to put in their D.O.B. Have I missed an easy way to add my DOB, I gave up after scrolling back month by month for 5 years.

You scroll back to the correct year then select the month then the day.

Edit to add: over 60 but not over 70.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It looks nice - bright and bold and very visual… but I do agree with the two comments already made.

The blank cream space on the right does look odd and I think it would look cleaner if the cream ‘headline’ indent (‘Welcome to…’) was not indented but just used the whole cream rectangle on the right hand side. That would tidy everything up and remove some of the blank space but I guess it might be a little narrow for its intended purpose.

I’m also not a fan of the xxxx element. It looks like stitching and it does sometimes look as if something is missing. It might look better if the xs ran all the way down the left hand side of each panel (but I don’t really think so, it’d be a lot cleaner and less fussy without the xs at all).

But these are just minor cosmetic niggles. Others may like these elements and dislike other things that I haven’t even noticed.

Well done to the club for a successful launch.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The Doctor":2g0lpe6w said:
I think it would look cleaner if the cream ‘headline’ indent (‘Welcome to…’) was not indented

I’m also not a fan of the xxxx element. It looks like stitching and it does sometimes look as if something is missing
:iagree:

They have also retained the zooming effect on the photographs which makes my eyes go funny - it's a bit like failing to focus properly after having a few beers. Most distracting

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
New website looks real good

But the banner at the top of the Home Page to me there should be more space between items, quickly it looks like
NewsMatchesTVTicketsShopFansTeamsClub there is space after Club so more space could be inserted between each item.

Mar 14, 2009
So l registered again. Was l suppose to be able to use my old account as it said it was not existent?

I watched Lowe’s pre season video. I’m on an iPad currently. When l tried to make the screen bigger using the icon in the bottom right corner it turned the video off. Not sure if it was an issue or my fat fingers :: :whistle:

Jul 14, 2008
I use my iPhone to access the official site - it looks excellent, well done to the club.
With Argyle TV, I hope there are plans to make it similar to MUTV etc (albeit with significantly less budget obviously). So as well as interviews and highlights, perhaps Argyle could show replays of classic matches or the various videos that have been created over the decades or interviews with club legends. Also life coverage of youth games. I would be more than willing to pay £10/£15 a month or so for that content.

jthep

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
I haven't had chance to explore the new club website - but the aerial home page photo is fantastic

If anyone from the club shop is reading this I - and I suggest quite a few other exiles - would pay good money for a mounted print via the club shop. Photo would need cropping a little but there cannot be another club in the country that can command a backdrop as good as that.

Superb

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Just needs some clever placement of graphics over the bottom right corner to hide that yard. I have to agree that the view is stunning.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Argylegames":3s5vmcw8 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3s5vmcw8 said:
So l registered again. Was l suppose to be able to use my old account as it said it was not existent?
No.

Everyone needs to register again. I read that somewhere.

In order to log in to the new website, supporters will need to create a new account - this will form the basis of their Argyle Account when single sign on is implemented.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/welcome-our ... le-website

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
New site looks really good.
Just spotted that the Peterborough games kicks off at 01:00 - won't be going to that one.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
@ArygyleOfficial - I'm not sure if it matters to you but the News Now website is not picking up the articles published on the new Argyle website.