Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I sent an email to ifollow support as i did pay for a yearly subscription- i asked them to cancel my season pass renewal due to argyle opting out from this season

ifollow emailed me back to say they had opted me out of my season pass subscription for the new season

i hope this helps

May 16, 2016
mutley marvel":u6fom8kt said:
I sent an email to ifollow support as i did pay for a yearly subscription- i asked them to cancel my season pass renewal due to argyle opting out from this season

ifollow emailed me back to say they had opted me out of my season pass subscription for the new season

i hope this helps

Thanks

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":2gnavvo5 said:
Argyle will have control of the cameras inside the ground at HP.

Surely, the feed at most league one clubs goes via IFollow and that’s the bit l find intriguing.

I’d like the opportunity to watch away games at 3pm. However, that’s dependent on whether the government go back to a 3pm saturday tv blackout. Also how do Argyle get the away tv feed if IFollow are producing it.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

That is/was a UEFA ruling and not from our Government. In my opinion UEFA are unlikely to reinstate it (if at all) until full crowds are allowed back across Europe and not just here. I reckon that with the success of our vaccination programme, we will be ahead of most countries in getting full stadiums, long before a lot of others and therefore will be able stream matches for the foreseeable.

Feb 8, 2005
That's a big assumption, Cabbie.

Nothing stopping the EFL from banning 3pm blackout on a Saturday.

However, that would probably depend on whether EFL Clubs would want it or not.

That would depend on any financial advantage that the clubs would have from the current situation, I suppose.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Hopefully the packages they offer will be affordable - whether it be pay monthly or yearly

If the EFL put the brakes on argyle being allowed to live stream 3pm saturday kick offs it will be radio commentary only which exiles would have been used to as part of the ifollow yearly pass

Also what will be the situation regarding away matches as not all teams will have the set up we have (they use ifollow- we dont)

No doubt the powers that be will have thought of all the scenarios & the packages they will be offering will suit every fans financial situation

Dec 30, 2020
Lundan Cabbie":37viyiv7 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":37viyiv7 said:

Surely, the feed at most league one clubs goes via IFollow and that’s the bit l find intriguing.

I’d like the opportunity to watch away games at 3pm. However, that’s dependent on whether the government go back to a 3pm saturday tv blackout. Also how do Argyle get the away tv feed if IFollow are producing it.

That is/was a UEFA ruling and not from our Government. In my opinion UEFA are unlikely to reinstate it (if at all) until full crowds are allowed back across Europe and not just here. I reckon that with the success of our vaccination programme, we will be ahead of most countries in getting full stadiums, long before a lot of others and therefore will be able stream matches for the foreseeable.

According to wikipedia (admittedly not a great source) it's a UK rule that doesn't apply in other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_f ... lackout%22

Have you got any alternative evidence that it's mandated by UEFA?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
greenpilled":3lx2uv3m said:
Lundan Cabbie":3lx2uv3m said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3lx2uv3m said:

According to wikipedia (admittedly not a great source) it's a UK rule that doesn't apply in other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_f ... lackout%22

Have you got any alternative evidence that it's mandated by UEFA?

Only this from the Daily Mirror. Not sure whether the Mirror or Wiki is the more reliable. :greensmile:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... v-21810789

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
I've always understood it to be a UK thing. Pre-Corona I was able to watch 3pm UK games here in Sweden. If it was a UEFA thing then that shouldn't have been possible.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Pretty sure it is a UK thing...

The rule originated in the 1960s when then-Burnley chairman Bob Lord argued that having 3pm matches on TV would negatively affect the attendance of lower league matches

Then there is this UEFA allowance below that you can prohibit transmission for two and a half hours, which England has done at its discretion but other countries have not. Presumably UEFA just had to give us the OK to drop that previous agreement, but it's not a UEFA 'rule' as such.

- Article 48 of the UEFA Statutes states that Member Associations have the exclusive rights to broadcast and use, as well as authorise for broadcast and use, matches within their jurisdiction.
- Article 3 of the UEFA Regulations Governing the Implementation of Article 48 of the UEFA Statutes, provides that each Member Association may decide on two and a half hours on a Saturday or a Sunday during which any transmission of football may be prohibited within the territory of the relevant Member Association.
- In the UK, matches are prohibited from being broadcast between 14:45 and 15:15 on Saturdays.

https://www.sports.legal/2020/06/the-su ... -blackout/

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I have e-mailed Argyle re my iFollow subscription which does not expire until Sept 2nd, will i get a refund if i cancel it now, will what i have paid for be added to Argyle TV instead of IFollow, i have had no reply from Argyle.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Ottawa Green":3hvqzko5 said:
I have e-mailed Argyle re my iFollow subscription which does not expire until Sept 2nd, will i get a refund if i cancel it now, will what i have paid for be added to Argyle TV instead of IFollow, i have had no reply from Argyle.

I emailed ifollow@efl.com as my season pass runs out on 02/09/21- i advised that i did not want to renew due to argyle opting out this coming season

I got a reply saying the following

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.

We have opted you out of the renewal on your season pass subscription and you will not be charged again.

Your account will allow access until the end of the current season.

Thank you for using iFollow. We’re sorry to see you go, but hope to have you back in the future.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

So it is fair to say the pass up to 02/09/21 will run down & you will not receive a refund

I hope that helps

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
OK Thanks Mutley.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
e-mail i received today

Plymouth Argyle Football Club are delighted to confirm the upcoming launch of a brand-new digital service which will include a new official club website, mobile application and streaming service. From 1st July, any supporters visiting pafc.co.uk will be greeted with the club’s brand-new website.

As a result, the club's video service is changing from iFollow Argyle to Argyle TV and you will need to register with the new service once the new website is up and running.

Existing iFollow monthly pass holders will see that no further payment is taken from their account by EFL Digital after 1st July, and pro-rata refunds will be issued to any fan with existing value left in their subscription.

If you have any questions, please contact argyletv@pafc.co.uk.

So i assume i do nothing about my iFollow account and receive a refund then sign up for Argyle TV when it is announced.