Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet!

Am I alone in noticing over the years that most teams finishing just above relegation tend to improve the following season? It’s as though they’ve stared into the abyss and then raised their game, or solved the cause, like we hopefully have with our defence.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
So where's the more balanced attack? And am not clear how a stronger defence will enable Hardie to get his 30 goals this season
Why are you exaggerating what I said?
He will score goals more frequently than last season and, if he plays 35 games, I would suggest that he will score at least 15 goals.
I have explained why I think our defenders will help him, and Ennis and, hopefully, Jephcott, at set pieces, and I am hoping that the attack will be more balanced with the inclusion of Houghton, Randell and Broom, in particular.

Dec 30, 2020
Quite a good Guardian preview has amongst the relegation candidates:

What really comes across is that it is going to be an extraordinarily tough league this year.

Ipswich and Wigan are spending a lot of money.

Sunderland are a basket case but have such vast resources compared to the rest of the division.

Wycombe are coming down with a strong squad and a good manager.

Rotherham are like Peterborough in that every time they're in this division they are near the top of it.

Then there are clubs like Oxford and Lincoln who were a long way ahead of Argyle last year. Bolton, Pompey, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton you would think will be running on bigger budgets than us purely on the basis of their crowds, stadiums, recent history etc. The Guardian also identify MKD, Crewe and Accrington Stanley amongst the smaller clubs as well-run outfits capable of a play off place.

It's easy to see how we might improve majorly on last season and still fail to break out of the bottom third.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I'm so confident we'll stay up I've had a bet on us to not to get relegated at 3/10.