Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet!

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
I don’t bet, never have, but Skybet have Argyle as relegation favourites this year. I know last season went downhill but surely we aren’t that bad? Below Morcombe? Really. I know Sky barely knows the South West exists and grovel to the premier league but are their predictions flawed? Quite depressing that we are never rated. The squad looks better than last year

Reactions: Argyle Casual

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Skybet actually have Morecambe Evens, Cambridge 6/4 and Cheltenham 7/4 as well before us so I guess that market does reflect our finish last time out but what they won’t know is that Argyle are a much improved outfit this season and will be in the promotion mix so in the immortal words of the late John McCririck …..lump on!!

May 22, 2006
Argyle are sixth favourites to go down with Sky(Morecambe are Evs) and ninth with favs with most proper bookmakers. With four going down, simply wrong to say that they are favourites.

No idea why Sky odds constantly get quoted on here. Just an arm of a tv / radio conglomerate seeking attention to publicise their media, rather than a genuine bookmaker.

May 31, 2016
Any thoughts on a decent punt this season? Top six perhaps or top half?
Does anyone have any thoughts?

D

Deleted member 9145

Oddschecker gives you the full picture, 14/1 promotion, 50/1 Champions with Bet Victor ! No Top 6 market yet.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I never understand betting really.

I fancy doing a triple on Bradford/Exeter/Gas going up. Any of you experts let me know what odds on that would be?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk

I fancy doing a triple on Bradford/Exeter/Gas going up. Any of you experts let me know what odds on that would be?
Hopefully 100000-1 on the middle of those! Reflecting the actuality.

Mar 23, 2008
Well worth a bet to lay this then! I don't see us going down at all, I think promotion will be a push and we will likely be mid-table fodder.

May 22, 2006

64/1 with Betway, or bet365.

The odds aren’t great because you want three outcomes on the same market(to win promotion) and as odds are conditional on the outcomes of others in the same market. So if Bradford get promotion, there are less promotion spots available, so the odds on the Exeter or Gas should be theoretically higher than their single odds.

Reactions: IJN

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Take it with a pinch of salt- bookies just want your dosh

I will do my annually pilgrimage to the bookies with my fiver to win the title ;)

Feb 8, 2005
Gamblers will always tell you about their wins, but never their losses.
It is really a mugs game.
The only winner is the bookie, (and the government, of course) otherwise they would go out of business.
It can be the cause of much regret and can become a habit that takes over your life.
Just a warning for those that are easily drawn into trying it, thinking "I will control it and will stop when I want to."
There is no such thing as a sure thing, a dead cert, a can't lose bet.
It can become an addiction very easily.
Never chase the game to get your money back.
The odd bet now and again is harmless, but never bet more than you are prepared to lose.
It can be fun, but it can also wreck lives.

C

Cult Of Personality

Actually put a fiver on us to go down at 3/1. Because my bets never ever come in .

I do think we are going to struggle tho. Think we are very weak in midfield and up front

Aug 5, 2016
Of course we are among the favourites to get relegated.

Any team whose results go off a cliff edge like ours did are worth £50 on that to still be the case.

Sep 13, 2003

A million to one? Joey Barton was arrested again I see so their season will be disrupted with his various court cases.