Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle relegation favourites with Sky Bet!

Mar 16, 2009
London
Gamblers will always tell you about their wins, but never their losses.
It is really a mugs game.
The only winner is the bookie, (and the government, of course) otherwise they would go out of business.
It can be the cause of much regret and can become a habit that takes over your life.
Just a warning for those that are easily drawn into trying it, thinking "I will control it and will stop when I want to."
There is no such thing as a sure thing, a dead cert, a can't lose bet.
It can become an addiction very easily.
Never chase the game to get your money back.
The odd bet now and again is harmless, but never bet more than you are prepared to lose.
It can be fun, but it can also wreck lives.

Avoid all of the bookies (Bet365, Skybet, Ladbrokes etc etc) and use an exchange - either Betfair Exchange or Smarkets. You'll be up against other real people, not bookies, and you can take either side of the market. Much better prices too and no-one is ripping you off - the exchange takes a % commission on your wins, that's it.

It's skillful pastime and lots of people who know what they're doing earn decent income from it. Unfortunately the bookies prey on mug-punters, but as I say, avoid the bookies and use the exchanges.

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I know we keep harping on about it, but with a first team squad of only 20, including 3 GK's, and the inexperienced trio of Tomlinson, Law and Randell included in that, we are worryingly thin at the minute. Especially as it looks like Bolton and G. Cooper won't make the 7th August. So that's 18 with 3 keepers, meaning we currently will have at least 1 Academy player on the bench if Rotherham away was today.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
The squad depth is worrying thin and you'd hope that some loans are on the way.
We currently have 15 fit outfield players and this includes Randell, Tomlinson and Law.

Last season we started with 26 players (including 3 keepers plus Randell, Tomlinson, Law and Cleal), Randell did go out on loan and just after the season started we added Opoku and Abraham. In total we had 4 loan players before the window closed.
So with Randell gone on loan we had 27 players last season which would have covered any Covid issues.

For this season we currently have 20 players which isn't enough.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Last year I did a Ā£5 e.w. patent on Argyle, Watford and Forest Green with Ā£5 singles as back up. 5 x single win bets = Ā£85 squid stake (squid steak?).
Only Watford paid out so I lost Ā£71 but I had a go!

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
If we were to go into the season right now, Iā€™d have us down to be relegated. We need 4, possibly 5 first team players.

Im sure weā€™ll get them, but those odds are probably about right, maybe even a little generous.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
I think weā€™ve got good quality in the right places but as a squad we are very thin with little or no adequate cover.

If we do get a loan or 2 then I hope there either decent pedigree or an old and bold pro looking for minutes near the end of there career

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Avoid all of the bookies (Bet365, Skybet, Ladbrokes etc etc) and use an exchange - either Betfair Exchange or Smarkets. You'll be up against other real people, not bookies, and you can take either side of the market. Much better prices too and no-one is ripping you off - the exchange takes a % commission on your wins, that's it.

It's skillful pastime and lots of people who know what they're doing earn decent income from it. Unfortunately the bookies prey on mug-punters, but as I say, avoid the bookies and use the exchanges.
Thanks for that tip, Justin. Iā€™ve just joined Smarkets. I, obviously, need to do a bit of reading on their website.
Just backed Sword Beach at 4-1 and they took 8p commission. Good start, though and theyā€™ve given me a Ā£10 free bet that I may put on Argyle.

Reactions: Justin
C

Cult Of Personality

This team, from the showing in the friendlies, is not a relegation team. It is well worth a bet to gain promotion in one way or another.
What you smoking...

I like your optimism but i felt Swansea and Boro could of stepped up through the gears easily and thrashed us

Sep 2, 2008
What you smoking...

I like your optimism but i felt Swansea and Boro could have stepped up through the gears easily and thrashed us
Totally agree.

I think the bookies have got it right. Itā€™s going to be another tough season. Lowe may well have addressed our issues in defence but he hasnā€™t done anything to bolster the part of the team that gets the goals.

Ennis is the only one that gives me confidence that we will score. Jephcott is just not good enough and even though I like Hardie heā€™s not as assured as he was in his early days.

The fact that we havenā€™t gotten anyone in up front with just over a week to go before the season kicks off means we are going to be feeding from the bottom of the barrel. So I donā€™t think whomever does come in is going to have the quality to get the goals we need.

Strap yourselves in folks. Itā€™s going to be another rollercoaster of a season.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
How about we wait until we have seen the assembled squad in full and how they are performing against division 1 opponents before we decide whether we are world beaters or whether we need to get a rope and hang ourselves eh?

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I agree our squad looks a little thin currently. However, are we really much worse off than the majority of our League 1 competitors?