Argyle in the Times | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle in the Times

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Great article

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
What a wonderful article- clearly the journalist has done is homework on our beloved club

May 22, 2006
A little bizarrely, Argyle also featured on Antiques Road Trip last Friday (still available on BBC I player).

Filmed mostly in Plymouth, it visited an antiques shop with a giant bear wearing Argyle colours; told the story of the Eddystone lighthouse, going out to the reef and going up Smeaton’s tower (slightly rewriting history by omitting Rudyerd’s lighthouse); and a long feature at Home Park telling the story of Jack Leslie. A gentleman from PASALB informed the presenter, while sat in the dug outs. Must have been filmed in the summer as the usually immaculate pitch looked terrible.

All in all, a good advert for the city and club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Excellent, well informed article, with great comments from supporters and others.
The only negative comment from a Greek; well, you’d expect that, wouldn’t you?
Not a racist comment, of course.

Last edited:

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Immaculate piece of writing. No typos, beautifully presented and totally accurate throughout (no cringeworthy errors or patronising cliches).

Full marks to Mr Robertson. (y)

Reactions: macleanie
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I read it myself over my cereals this morning and enjoyed it. It was a huge credit to the Club both on and off the field. The lasting thought I had was whether the editorial would ever have had a chance if the weekend was not an International one and The Times usual Games supplement was overloaded with Premiership games reports. Nevertheless, we must be thankful for the exposure on the national stage..

Reactions: kernow19

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
One of the best pieces on Argyle in the national press that I have read over many years.
But do we want all this good publicity about our Chairman, Manager, management team and players at this stage of the season?!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
The main thing to take from that article - Mr Hallett, please don't tell the manager we're over achieving this season!

Reactions: saxman

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
One of the best pieces on Argyle in the national press that I have read over many years.
But do we want all this good publicity about our Chairman, Manager, management team and players at this stage of the season?!
For me it's a yes, transfer targets seeing all the positive stuff could help get deals over the line in January, not yet fans who have been not sure about coming will think go for it, possibility of live games giving the extra income.

It's a big list of potential positives, the only negative I can see is other teams become interested in management and players who i think are fully invested in the club and journey and wouldn't be looking at leaving at this point anyway.

Jul 13, 2021
I read it myself over my cereals this morning and enjoyed it. It was a huge credit to the Club both on and off the field. The lasting thought I had was whether the editorial would ever have had a chance if the weekend was not an International one and The Times usual Games supplement was overloaded with Premiership games reports. Nevertheless, we must be thankful for the exposure on the national stage..
A cracking and thorough deserved article on our beloved Club.

I believe "The Journeyman" writes a weekly article on Mondays on a Club in the lower echelons, including those in the National League, whether it is an International weekend or not.

Sep 6, 2006
For me it's a yes, transfer targets seeing all the positive stuff could help get deals over the line in January, not yet fans who have been not sure about coming will think go for it, possibility of live games giving the extra income.

It's a big list of potential positives, the only negative I can see is other teams become interested in management and players who i think are fully invested in the club and journey and wouldn't be looking at leaving at this point anyway.
There are no negatives. Do we think everyone reads the Times and only then becomes aware of us and how we are doing?