Argyle in the Times | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle in the Times

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Two key sections: It’s funny, he said to me on the phone that he wanted to see me lose a couple of games,” Lowe says. “I said. ‘I’ve never lost two on the bounce!’ Then I went and lost three, four, five and six! He wanted to see how I’d react. And I didn’t change. Kept believing in the process, believing in the work, believing in what we were trying to do. And he rewarded me with a new 3½-year contract. And In the summer they moved quickly to sign ten players, five of whom were defenders — “players who win headers, first contacts, second contacts,” Lowe says of the new-look back three of James Wilson, Dan Scarr and Macaulay Gillesphey.

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
There are no negatives. Do we think everyone reads the Times and only then becomes aware of us and how we are doing?
Obviously the recognition and exposure the club as whole is getting at the minute isn't just in the times but across all media, not that i said just the times. An average football fan might look at the table and think argyle are doing well and move on. I've seen a few articles recently going in to a bit more depth about the goings on and the recent past that's showing where the club is heading and may well get a few more on board.

West Norwood Green

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 3, 2004
Robertson is a recently retired lower league pro, turned journo and so, knows his stuff. He must have played at HP a bunch of times. He is also a regular contributor to The Times football podcast, called The Game, which is usually worth a listen, though they do focus on prem games and internationals.

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
Great article it's nice to get some publicity, and the comment were are largest city never to be in the top flight, were are a sleeping giant. Whether we will ever get there is questionable but I'm loving the buzz around Argyle at the moment can't wait for the Bolton game at home.

Reactions: David Doidge

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not sure we are a 'sleeping giant' but I share your excitement Tony.

Oct 5, 2013
One of the best pieces on Argyle in the national press that I have read over many years.
But do we want all this good publicity about our Chairman, Manager, management team and players at this stage of the season?!
Yes!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’m sure I read somewhere once that we are the largest city in Europe (let alone England) to have never played top flight football.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Great article. Eloquently articulated and encapsulates the palpable sense of excitement around Home Park at the moment.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I’m sure I read somewhere once that we are the largest city in Europe (let alone England) to have never played top flight football.
The City of Wakefield though IS an official city and has a larger population than here in Plymouth but somehow people don't like that fact.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I never knew that. I wonder why the myth is out there then.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The City of Wakefield though IS an official city and has a larger population than here in Plymouth but somehow people don't like that fact.

It's not that people don't like it, it's because a blanket has been thrown over many totally separate towns (Castlefield, Featherstone, Pontefract, Ossett... the list goes on and on and on) in West Yorkshire and given that metro area the name of City of Wakefield.

No reasonable person thinks Wakefield itself (population 99k) is bigger than Plymouth.

Reactions: Ponty