Are you ready...............? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Are you ready...............?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Penlee":2znhwk5y said:
IJN":2znhwk5y said:
i0vQQUU.gif

It looks like our scroll bar did the business, over 600 voted from this site. :clap:

Brilliant news - not least if there was a Sunderland player in there, they can garner a lot of votes :scarf:

Exactly, but you’ve got to earn the right to be voted for which Freddie did... well done Freddie very well deserved!!

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
IJN":3ddl0efz said:
Princerock":3ddl0efz said:
I discarded my green tinted glasses when I got to civilization.

Says it all.

London's really doing well isn't it? At least you can walk the streets of Plymouth in safety still.

Not too bothered what happens in London Ian.....rarely go near the place.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I assumed you meant London. So what's your idea of 'civilisation' then?

Aug 5, 2016
Princerock":2scwbz2p said:
Shankster":2scwbz2p said:
IJN":2scwbz2p said:
Shankster":2scwbz2p said:
I don’t believe in this ‘provincial small club’ label, especially in the case of Plymouth Argyle. I’ve been to Leyton Orient on a cold winters Tuesday night and been surrounded by circa 1000 greens. Argyle are a big club with a strong history and widespread and passionate fanbase. Simply don’t buy the belittling of the club at all

Webby and I met Stevie Castle and Kevin Nugent at a PASLB meeting about 7 years ago, both of them said that whilst Argyle are big in Devon, they aren't even talked about past Bristol. I always remember them saying it, and I think they are right to a certain extent.

I love this club, but to claim we are a 'big' club is a nonsense.

Big is subjective Ian, how do we gauge big?

Turnover, shirts sold in the Philippines? Crowd/ stadium size? Big for me is consistency and provincially.

If you listened to anyone north of Bristol they’d suggest they don’t know where Plymouth is and yet Plymouth has the strongest history as a city in the U.K. probably in the world (of course it depends on how far back you want to go);
Amarda
World war
Trade
Naval
Pilgrim Fathers
Et etc etc

When I go North they talk about Portsmouth and yet they really are no one as a city or a club IMO

Portsmouth have been in the top league and won the FA Cup in recent years....remind me when Argyle did either.

Pilgrim fathers never intended to stop at Plymouth...only happened because of needing repairs.

Trade small time compared with Bristol, Liverpool and Port of London.

But I was born in Devonport and proud of it...although I discarded my green tinted glasses when I got to civilization.

Saw an Argyle shirt in a local charity shop and it was there for ever.....too small for me.

You class Plymouth as not 'civilisation'? Plymouth is a city of over 250,000 people, the number of cities in the UK that are bigger are not overly numerous. Where do you live to treat Plymouth as a backwater village if not London?

Aug 5, 2005
Argyle fans use Argyle fan site to promote a vote where Argyle player could win an award

And this is a problem how?

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
IJN":jopv9w6h said:

Somewhere with good transportation links, Bus, Train and Air.

Where your mainline rail link doesn't get washed away in a storm and to have a local Airport within 20 minutes.

Good employment locally, with great schooling available...where your children and grandchildren live and work locally.

The growth of PASALB, ebb and flowing because of the lack of work in Plymouth tells you the state of the economy in the south west.

Visiting Plymouth you can see the state of the local economy and how things can be so run down compared with the south east.

The Government talk of the northern power house....but never talk of sparking anything west of Bristol.

Things I've taken for granted as the norm....I've been lucky.

Oct 16, 2016
I’ve traveled and worked widely, internationally; South africa, Middle East, US. I’ve worked in the North east, midlands, south East and my last but one job took me to London for 8 years culminating in a £20m+ project in Kings Cross (my office was in Gracechurch Street in the city of London)

I have three daughters and never once did I move them from Plymouth, that was due to quality of life, not exposing them to crime and giving them a wide range of experiences from beautiful coastlines and rugged moorland

I didn’t once think about rail links or motorways

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
I live in NW Kent, which is within the Borough of Bromley on the fringes of London....30 minutes from central London...but a world away from how life is lived there....population 330,000.

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":28zmzbbs said:
I’ve traveled and worked widely, internationally; South africa, Middle East, US. I’ve worked in the North east, midlands, south East and my last but one job took me to London for 8 years culminating in a £20m+ project in Kings Cross (my office was in Gracechurch Street in the city of London)

I have three daughters and never once did I move them from Plymouth, that was due to quality of life, not exposing them to crime and giving them a wide range of experiences from beautiful coastlines and rugged moorland

What's the first paragraph got to do with anything? Apart from showing off that you were involved in a 20 million project.

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":gsbsfjmx said:
Shankster":gsbsfjmx said:

What's the first paragraph got to do with anything? Apart from showing off that you were involved in a 20 million project.

It’s not my fault you’re inadequate

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":i2grvkhx said:
Balham_Green":i2grvkhx said:
Shankster":i2grvkhx said:

You are so inadequate you can't answer the question only belittle somebody else whilst having a complete lack of awareness of your own arrogance. Waits for puerile reply....

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1atnh7ee said:
Shankster":1atnh7ee said:
Balham_Green":1atnh7ee said:
Shankster":1atnh7ee said:

You are so inadequate you can't answer the question only belittle somebody else whilst having a complete lack of awareness of your own arrogance. Waits for puerile reply....

Anyone got any popcorn?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Princerock":1n1uvmdw said:
IJN":1n1uvmdw said:

Somewhere with good transportation links, Bus, Train and Air.

Where your mainline rail link doesn't get washed away in a storm and to have a local Airport within 20 minutes.

Good employment locally, with great schooling available...where your children and grandchildren live and work locally.

The growth of PASALB, ebb and flowing because of the lack of work in Plymouth tells you the state of the economy in the south west.

Visiting Plymouth you can see the state of the local economy and how things can be so run down compared with the south east.

The Government talk of the northern power house....but never talk of sparking anything west of Bristol.

Things I've taken for granted as the norm....I've been lucky.

Luton? ;)

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":2egs7uat said:
Shankster":2egs7uat said:
Balham_Green":2egs7uat said:
Shankster":2egs7uat said:

Some might argue who you've just descibed ;)