Are you ready...............? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Are you ready...............?

Site Manager":11umm9eq said:
justanotherfan":11umm9eq said:
Well let me explain too - this is a site for supporters of PAFC, not for displaced London cab drivers who support other teams and have no allegiance to said PAFC. Let me explain further, your constant carping is not appreciated. If you have any thoughts on matters football and refereeing, then please feel free to post on the Eagles fans website.

Signed

A disgruntled Janner

We've taken care of this particular situation.

Ahh, the old potato in the exhaust pipe scenario, as it were. Nice work.

Oct 16, 2016
I donā€™t believe in this ā€˜provincial small clubā€™ label, especially in the case of Plymouth Argyle. Iā€™ve been to Leyton Orient on a cold winters Tuesday night and been surrounded by circa 1000 greens. Argyle are a big club with a strong history and widespread and passionate fanbase. Simply donā€™t buy the belittling of the club at all

Oct 16, 2016
P.s I love the idea of highjacking a vote that had greater potential to go elsewhere but mainly because Iā€™m a cantankerous tw**

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Shankster":tn6yh6fp said:
P.s I love the idea of highjacking a vote that had greater potential to go elsewhere but mainly because Iā€™m a cantankerous tw**

Again, that one escapes me. What do you mean?

Oct 16, 2016
IJN":33xg4eb6 said:
Shankster":33xg4eb6 said:

If You/ PASOTI/ Argyle fans or whatever are suggested to have highjacked a vote (quite reasonably imo) the work in your (sic) clubs favour I think itā€™s brilliant! But you havenā€™t, all youā€™ve done is make it more accessible for greens to vote.

BUT if and when people do such things and it boils other peoples pi** I like it!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Shankster":rx3ho2zm said:
I donā€™t believe in this ā€˜provincial small clubā€™ label, especially in the case of Plymouth Argyle. Iā€™ve been to Leyton Orient on a cold winters Tuesday night and been surrounded by circa 1000 greens. Argyle are a big club with a strong history and widespread and passionate fanbase. Simply donā€™t buy the belittling of the club at all

Webby and I met Stevie Castle and Kevin Nugent at a PASLB meeting about 7 years ago, both of them said that whilst Argyle are big in Devon, they aren't even talked about past Bristol. I always remember them saying it, and I think they are right to a certain extent.

I love this club, but to claim we are a 'big' club is a nonsense.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Shankster":35dyscdh said:
IJN":35dyscdh said:
Shankster":35dyscdh said:

If You/ PASOTI/ Argyle fans or whatever are suggested to have highjacked a vote (quite reasonably imo) the work in your (sic) clubs favour I think itā€™s brilliant! But you havenā€™t, all youā€™ve done is make it more accessible for greens to vote.

BUT if and when people do such things and it boils other peoples pi** I like it!!

I don't think anyone has suggested we've hijacked anything, I simply said our voting helped, even the organiser/advertiser has told us that.

As I say, Argyle fans voting for an Argyle player on an Argyle related site. Hijacking?? :crazy:

Oct 16, 2016
IJN":o9mvjjzb said:
Shankster":o9mvjjzb said:

Webby and I met Stevie Castle and Kevin Nugent at a PASLB meeting about 7 years ago, both of them said that whilst Argyle are big in Devon, they aren't even talked about past Bristol. I always remember them saying it, and I think they are right to a certain extent.

Big is subjective Ian, how do we gauge big?

Turnover, shirts sold in the Philippines? Crowd/ stadium size? Big for me is consistency and provincially.

If you listened to anyone north of Bristol theyā€™d suggest they donā€™t know where Plymouth is and yet Plymouth has the strongest history as a city in the U.K. probably in the world (of course it depends on how far back you want to go);
Amarda
World war
Trade
Naval
Pilgrim Fathers
Et etc etc

When I go North they talk about Portsmouth and yet they really are no one as a city or a club IMO

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
What a miserable place this can be.

Our player wins an award.. good thing

Our forum gets extra funding from its site advertising.. good thing

Our sites new advertising helps towards said player getting award.. good thing.

What is it with some people ffs?

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":1c01rdj9 said:

Liverpool and Palace supporters.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tugboat":lbh4ahk7 said:

Glad to see YOU get it Tuggers, it's not hard is it?

Some people need counselling because we had (past tense) a scrolling vote for an Argyle player. :facepalm: Come on peeps, have a word with yourself. We're trying to upgrade everything on here, and we need a bit of understanding along the way.

The more we get, the more we give, that's not hard is it?

May 16, 2016
Shankster":38wcxcfr said:
IJN":38wcxcfr said:
Shankster":38wcxcfr said:

Big is subjective Ian, how do we gauge big?

Turnover, shirts sold in the Philippines? Crowd/ stadium size? Big for me is consistency and provincially.

If you listened to anyone north of Bristol theyā€™d suggest they donā€™t know where Plymouth is and yet Plymouth has the strongest history as a city in the U.K. probably in the world (of course it depends on how far back you want to go);
Amarda
World war
Trade
Naval
Pilgrim Fathers
Et etc etc

When I go North they talk about Portsmouth and yet they really are no one as a city or a club IMO

In my experience, most people North of Taunton think Plymouth and Portsmouth are the same place.