Are we safe? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Are we safe?

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
GreenSam":35bod4d4 said:
gaspargomez":35bod4d4 said:
twist of lime":35bod4d4 said:
No way the teams below will win 3 out of 4.

It's not impossible for that to happen- only ONE of them needs to do it.

Argyle's forthcoming fixtures VERY tricky... could be zero points.

We were lucky today in more ways than one. Not only on the pitch, but because of results elsewhere. It's the bit of luck Argyle needed. Today was a massive result. I am much more confident now than I was 12 hours ago !! Things are looking promising for a change. But lets get realistic about things... we could still go down.
Well technically one of them needs to do it AND Barnet would have to win twice. Bradford would have to overtake us too.

Bear in mind Barnet actually play Hereford on Friday, it really does look less and less likely.

We've already beaten a better side than Oxford and Cheltenham at home, and Morecambe with respect to them aren't Barcelona and will probably have one eye on their Summer holidays.

I kinda agree with the principle, we don't let our guard down until it's mathmetically secure-but I honestly don't think stranger things have happened. Not in my 10 years of football memory at least.

Spot on Sam

My reference to the teams below us winning 3 from the remaining 4 is based on current form, teams playing each other and finally that I firmly think Argyle will continue to pick up more points between now and the end of the season.

For all 3 teams to do that and Argyle to self implode would be the greatest escape ever seen.

Still I've been on PASOTI long enough to know that for some the glass will always be half empty so there will be some posters who will not be convinced until the maths add up.

THE GREENS ARE STAYING UP

COYG

May 22, 2006
pastiesforlife":3g9r9n1l said:
Latest odds from bet365 for relegation; 1/6 Hereford; 1/6 Macclesfield; 2/1 Barnet; 25/1 Bradford; 50/1 Argyle.

Just to put these odds in perspective, these are the longest odds for us to get relegated at any time during the season. In other words, we were more likely to go down before anybody had played a match at the start of the season.

Makes me feel happy about things anyway.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
GreenSam":22sv38om said:
gaspargomez":22sv38om said:
twist of lime":22sv38om said:

We were lucky today in more ways than one. Not only on the pitch, but because of results elsewhere. It's the bit of luck Argyle needed. Today was a massive result. I am much more confident now than I was 12 hours ago !! Things are looking promising for a change. But lets get realistic about things... we could still go down.
Well technically one of them needs to do it AND Barnet would have to win twice. Bradford would have to overtake us too.

Bear in mind Barnet actually play Hereford on Friday, it really does look less and less likely.

We've already beaten a better side than Oxford and Cheltenham at home, and Morecambe with respect to them aren't Barcelona and will probably have one eye on their Summer holidays.

I kinda agree with the principle, we don't let our guard down until it's mathmetically secure-but I honestly don't think stranger things have happened. Not in my 10 years of football memory at least.

Remaining games

Hereford

Barnet(A)
Northampton(H)
Crawley(A)
Torquay(H)

Macclesfield

Crewe(H)
Bradford(A)
Burton(H)
Southend(A)

Barnet

Hereford(H)
Southend(A)
Wimbledon(H)
Burton(A)

Famous last words,I know, but, its hard to see Hereford or Macc winning 3 of their remaining games.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
cheshiregreen":8xayqvox said:
GreenSam":8xayqvox said:
gaspargomez":8xayqvox said:
twist of lime":8xayqvox said:

Remaining games

Hereford

Barnet(A)
Northampton(H)
Crawley(A)
Torquay(H)

Macclesfield

Crewe(H)
Bradford(A)
Burton(H)
Southend(A)

Barnet

Hereford(H)
Southend(A)
Wimbledon(H)
Burton(A)

Famous last words,I know, but, its hard to see Hereford or Macc winning 3 of their remaining games.

PS remember BOTH Macc and Hereford need to win 3 of their remaining games :greensmile: :greensmile:

COYG

Dec 3, 2005
Best idea is for Argyle to get the FOUR points we need to be mathamatically safe - thats the one we need - mathamatically SAFE.

Remember it's a funny old game!!!

We need to just concentrate all our efforts on Argyles results!!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
twist of lime":2vnkwmvr said:
cheshiregreen":2vnkwmvr said:
GreenSam":2vnkwmvr said:
gaspargomez":2vnkwmvr said:
twist of lime":2vnkwmvr said:

Remaining games

Hereford

Barnet(A)
Northampton(H)
Crawley(A)
Torquay(H)

Macclesfield

Crewe(H)
Bradford(A)
Burton(H)
Southend(A)

Barnet

Hereford(H)
Southend(A)
Wimbledon(H)
Burton(A)

PS remember BOTH Macc and Hereford need to win 3 of their remaining games :greensmile: :greensmile:

COYG
To be picky they don't.

If Macc won 3 out of 4, Barnet won 2 out of 4 and we lost all 4 we'd go down.

I'm with the majority though, it really is all but there now.

Aug 5, 2005
The definitive answer is that if we get four points from the last four games we are safe Regardless if everyone else win all their games 27-0 we only need four points.

P

pafcJet27

if macclesfiel and hereford lose just 1 game,obviuosly we would only need 1 point from any of the remaining games. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Oct 18, 2011
Quizmike":1zpyje7a said:
The definitive answer is that if we get four points from the last four games we are safe Regardless if everyone else win all their games 27-0 we only need four points.

Sorry to be pedantic, but if we got only 4 points and the bottom 2 won all theirs 27-0, plus either Bradford or Barnet got enough points to go ahead of us, then we'd go down on goal difference. We actually need 5 points to be mathematically safe.

We could do it with a win on Saturday, if both Hereford and Macclesfield fail to win. I hope this happens as I'd like to be there when it's confirmed. Realistically, I think we'll all be able to breathe easily after the Oxford game and actually enjoy the last couple of games of the season.

Oct 18, 2011
pafcJet27":1j1v9jyh said:
if macclesfiel and hereford lose just 1 game,obviuosly we would only need 1 point from any of the remaining games. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

That's not quite right either, we could still go down on goal difference in that scenario.

But that does show what has to happen now in order for us to go down. One of the bottom 2 has to win 3 out of 4, and Barnet and Bradford would have to get 6 and 1 more points than us respectively in order for us to go down.

I won't be happy until the fat lady has sung, but she's definitely clearing her throat

Dec 7, 2006
Have you actually seen Dawn French lately? She's lost something like SIX stone recently - it takes a lot of guts to do that! :funny: