Are we safe? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Are we safe?

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
We are not safe yet. End of season drop zone does odd things to teams forms. Look at Exeter when they dropped to non-league; after being pants all season they won their last three but still went down due to other results.

Also relying on goal difference alone doesn't make sense as it would infer we lose all four; therefore we would lose at least four from our current GD taking us to -19 or worse. Should miracles occur and Macclesfield/Hereford win all four that would mean a minimum of +4 so they move to -16/-20.

Realistically we have ordered the taxi for the fat lady (Bradford), it has arrived at her house (Hereford), today we dropped her at the opera house we simply need to get her to the stage on Saturday (our result or others failing) and then let her sing at the Oxford full time whistle the following week.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Well if Macc and Hereford win on saturday and we lose anything can happen, only 5 points clear then so lets just focus on getting mathematically safe then we can celebrate :scarf:

Jan 27, 2012
twist of lime":2cnkwwgl said:
No way the teams below will win 3 out of 4.

It's not impossible for that to happen- only ONE of them needs to do it.

Argyle's forthcoming fixtures VERY tricky... could be zero points.

We were lucky today in more ways than one. Not only on the pitch, but because of results elsewhere. It's the bit of luck Argyle needed. Today was a massive result. I am much more confident now than I was 12 hours ago !! Things are looking promising for a change. But lets get realistic about things... we could still go down.

May 22, 2006
Latest odds from bet365 for relegation; 1/6 Hereford; 1/6 Macclesfield; 2/1 Barnet; 25/1 Bradford; 50/1 Argyle.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
SurreyGreen":ruxd6dr5 said:
Well if Macc and Hereford win on saturday and we lose anything can happen, only 5 points clear then so lets just focus on getting mathematically safe then we can celebrate :scarf:

Barnet play Hereford Friday night, so we should be clearer when we start against Swindon.

Jan 27, 2012
pastiesforlife":1dcnfewe said:
Latest odds from bet365 for relegation; 1/6 Hereford; 1/6 Macclesfield; 2/1 Barnet; 25/1 Bradford; 50/1 Argyle.

Maybe I should put a quid on Argyle.
Happy to lose the pound if we stay up, and it would be 2 free BSP home games (with pasties) if we go down.

P

pafcJet27

We are 4 points from mathmatical saftey,but Macclesfeild and Hereford Will drop points.
so basicly we are safe.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
John Cooper":2e6sujjp said:
SurreyGreen":2e6sujjp said:

Barnet play Hereford Friday night, so we should be clearer when we start against Swindon.
Ahh correct so they do, a barnet win? or a draw?

Mar 27, 2008
gaspargomez":2v2pk4ny said:
twist of lime":2v2pk4ny said:

We were lucky today in more ways than one. Not only on the pitch, but because of results elsewhere. It's the bit of luck Argyle needed. Today was a massive result. I am much more confident now than I was 12 hours ago !! Things are looking promising for a change. But lets get realistic about things... we could still go down.[/quote

Eh? How does that work? If only one team does it then surely we would drop one place. For us to go down then three of the four teams below us need to overtake us. I certainly can't see any of the bottom three doing that!!!

Jan 27, 2012
ely grap":z79thh3x said:
Eh? How does that work? If only one team does it then surely we would drop one place. For us to go down then three of the four teams below us need to overtake us. I certainly can't see any of the bottom three doing that!!!

Because Barnet have 3 points more than hereford and macclesfield and don't need to win 3/4 to reach us. They could jump above us with a win and 2 draws. If ONE of macc or hereford catch us as well then we would be down. Don't think they will, but it could happen alright.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":lsi5fq7h said:
twist of lime":lsi5fq7h said:

We were lucky today in more ways than one. Not only on the pitch, but because of results elsewhere. It's the bit of luck Argyle needed. Today was a massive result. I am much more confident now than I was 12 hours ago !! Things are looking promising for a change. But lets get realistic about things... we could still go down.
Well technically one of them needs to do it AND Barnet would have to win twice. Bradford would have to overtake us too.

Bear in mind Barnet actually play Hereford on Friday, it really does look less and less likely.

We've already beaten a better side than Oxford and Cheltenham at home, and Morecambe with respect to them aren't Barcelona and will probably have one eye on their Summer holidays.

I kinda agree with the principle, we don't let our guard down until it's mathmetically secure-but I honestly don't think stranger things have happened. Not in my 10 years of football memory at least.

Mar 27, 2008
Over the last 6 games we've picked up 12 points. Barnet have picked up 2 points over the same period whilst Macclesfield and Hereford have picked up 1 point each! Anyone who thinks at least 2 of these teams are suddenly going to spring into championship form are living in cloud cuckoo land. :funny:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
ely grap":135rumtm said:
Over the last 6 games we've picked up 12 points. Barnet have picked up 2 points over the same period whilst Macclesfield and Hereford have picked up 1 point each! Anyone who thinks at least 2 of these teams are suddenly going to spring into championship form are living in cloud cuckoo land. :funny:
RELEGATION i tell you. RELEGATION.

A

Argyle1886

Need 4 points out of 12 available from the remaining games. In our form it sounds quite easy, although out of the 4 games we're come against 3 who are in the top 7 of the table. If we get 1 more win & 1 draw, we're mathematically safe.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
bookies set us at 50/1 to go down??

yes they just love giving money away bookies do!! we must be dead certs to go down at those odds!! :doh: :funny: :lol:

we ARE staying up people!! :nworthy: :scarf: :thumbs: