Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 31 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone want Adams to stay?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I’m yet to call for his head, I’ve very much sat on the fence, but defeats against Fleetwood and Shrewsbury with poor performances and his position becomes untenable for me.

May 1, 2011
Biggs":hgeyy7m6 said:
One game has completely and utterly changed the mood. Before this game we actually had a spell of about four games where everyone was pretty happy, three wins and a defeat against Sunderland where the team was applauded off the pitch.

Lots on here are talking as if that uplift in form never happened.

Next week v Fleetwood and Shrewsbury is crucial, because we’ll see whether this game was just a nightmare day at the office (like the Oxford game before that form uplift) against a team that regularly hammers visiting sides. I hope and suspect that it was.

As for the players not applauding the fans... yes it’s 5hit but 1) after a 5-1 tonking you want to get off the pitch as soon as possible, and 2) the players have seen in previous games that things can get pretty nasty after a defeat of that nature, from yobs and non-yobs alike.

I would suggest if players are going to put in a lazy stint like that they deserve to be heckled and shouted at.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Nobby":m70hizih said:
I’m yet to call for his head, I’ve very much sat on the fence, but defeats against Fleetwood and Shrewsbury with poor performances and his position becomes untenable for me.

The problem with that, is that win one of those games and lose the three afterwards and we're in an even worse position but there'll be the whole "we beat Fleetwood two weeks ago, so Adams is starting to get it right" argument to contend with.

Our performance to date has been disgraceful, outside of a few odd performances. That is indisputable, just look at the table.

Yesterday wasn't a problem of budget, it was a problem of a manager who can't organise a team any more - a well organised non league team wouldn't have capitulated like we did, it was incredible. The amount of times Luton players were completely unmarked on the penalty spot defied belief.

Our season has been continually four steps back, one forward - and then that one step is used as proof we're improving. I'm not having it - we've been a disgrace this season and the manager is to blame.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nobby":3od4y5pu said:
That’s the acceptable patern now.. a run of 5/6 game of abject, woefully embarrassing performances reseting people’s tolerances by a win or a few draws.

It’s almost December. 5 league matches from being half way through the season and we’re served up yesterday’s disarray on top of this seasons atrocity’s and we’re still talking of giving them more time because of last seasons minor miracles?

We’re more woeful this season than last. We’re less capable this season than last. Yet we seem confident of repeating it and happy to sail on into the abyss blindfolded?

C

Cult Of Personality

I dont understand why the pressure has come off him. We keep losing games either in the league or the JPT . Adams needs to go

May 1, 2011
It's amazing how 2 wins against poor sides and a plucky defeat against Sunderland totally vindicates Adam's performance this year in some fans eyes.

Mar 14, 2009
Adams doesn’t like criticism. He has proved this when fans got on his back how badly he handles the situation in a PR way.

He lives in his own little world when it comes to press conferences. God knows he badly needs a dose of reality and l think he had that when fans got on his back last month. However, l think most fans have been pretty respectful & patient to him but l do believe this isn’t far away from breaking and unraveling.

Yes all we need to do is somehow finish 20th. Yes we can beat the teams around us as proven recently. However, we are so poor as our goal difference is showing, our defence looks vulnerable that l don’t think it’s just a personnel issue but a tactical and coaching one. So will it really matter who comes in when the problems are always in the way our team is coached to defend. For example Luton’s first goal. Not one Argyle player getting near the player on the ball. Had time and space to dribble and pass with ease.

People are blaming player recruiting like this situation can be fixed come January. However, l don’t think it will simply because of the way we are coached and drilled as a defensive unit as a team.

Oct 16, 2016
The problem is that the board and owners aren’t footballing people, they treat it like it’s wizardry ergo Adams gets away with murder

May 16, 2016
Shankster":24g8w6ad said:
The problem is that the board and owners aren’t footballing people, they treat it like it’s wizardry ergo Adams gets away with murder

What exactly are 'footballing people' ? I'd suspect most Football Club Boards and Directors are from non Footballing backgrounds, some just have more business savvy, money and a degree of luck than others. I think they treat it as a business before considering it some form of mysterious art.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Agree with the above.

Swindon chairman Lee Power could certainly be described as a "footballing person", given his pretty lengthy playing career.

He's been Swindon chairman for 5 years and taken them from near the top of League 1 to near the bottom of League 2.

May 1, 2011
The worry about yesterday us not the defeat in itself it's the fact that the players were not giving themselves anywhere near 100% for the team or the manager.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":28z54kpi said:
The worry about yesterday us not the defeat in itself it's the fact that the players were not giving themselves anywhere near 100% for the team or the manager.

Even.more worrying if they were as I believe.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We have some stupid fans on here. Adams does not have what it takes to drag us out of trouble, the way we play, the results and the general mood is a disgrace.
Sure, its only football but people are wasting money on a team which frankly is dour and poor.
So why are the stupid ones banging on about past success?
Last season or the one before etc means nothing, it has been and gone, we are in the now, he no longer deserves extra time, extra funds, he has wasted it on total crap in the hope this crap can be polished.
Polish a turd, its still a turd.
Only at Argyle would you see a wasteful one dimensional no plan B manager handed a five year contract thus making him unsackable. This just makes our club a laughing stock, this makes him smug in the knowledge he has us by the bollocks.
Its time people took stock of all things green, get your head out of your asses, stop helping to polish the turd, its beyond a joke now, its pretty clearly beyond saving with this idiot in charge.
Time for simon to step up, treat this as a business and get rid of the dead wood, get a new man in and save us the embarrassment of being relegated before its too late.
Keeping Adams brings certain relegation.

CJH

Jun 26, 2015
Tauranga NZ
Will changing the manager do any good, if we look at other clubs who have taken that action have they suddenly become a winning super team with attacking entertaining football. Lets have some samples please before you pull the plug out of the boat.

The board would be better off bringing in a high level coach to assist Adams in turning the current team around to firstly avoid relegation. I would suggest that some players are not pulling their weight, its easy in a team game for individuals to coast through, they need to be identified and shifted. This is best achieved by an expensive expertise who we could only afford on a temporary basis.

We are not going to get any one better than Adams on a permanent basis, so lets go for a short term support person, but WHO?.