An Evening With Ian Holloway | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

An Evening With Ian Holloway

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Some Argyle fans still haven’t got over being dumped, just after he swore undying love for the Greens. I personally can’t see why what he did was any worse than Sturrock when he left. Holloway was arguably the best manager the club has had and lack of ambition is why they lost him. He had his purple patch subsequently at Blackpool and he’s yesterday’s man now. I still like him though.

Sep 25, 2010
Some Argyle fans still haven’t got over being dumped, just after he swore undying love for the Greens. I personally can’t see why what he did was any worse than Sturrock when he left. Holloway was arguably the best manager the club has had and lack of ambition is why they lost him. He had his purple patch subsequently at Blackpool and he’s yesterday’s man now. I still like him though.
Try, looking at the FACTS, why he left, absolutely different from why Luggy left.
Hollowords the ‘best manager the club has had’, don’t think so.
There is a lot of information, not out there, as to when he left, and why didn’t he sue Stapleton, when he said he would.
The bloke is an absolute clown.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He wanted double his wages to stay. FACT.

He was more than a clown Martyn he was a con artist.

The fact that he profited financially out of the SEB move to Wolves proves how much he loved Argyle.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012

His demands would have pushed us into Admin even earlier.

Aug 5, 2015
Of course it depends how you measure these things but “best manager ever”? Better than Sturrock, Waiters, Warnock, Smith to name but a few? Get real! One of his better ideas was to paint Smeaton’s Tower green! Prat doesn’t do it justice. He never actually won anything! Champion talker though.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Of course it depends how you measure these things but “best manager ever”? Better than Sturrock, Waiters, Warnock, Smith to name but a few? Get real! One of his better ideas was to paint Smeaton’s Tower green! Prat doesn’t do it justice. He never actually won anything! Champion talker though.
Don't worry about DGO. He thinks Wednesday's manager is useless and should have been sacked weeks ago. Currently unbeaten in ten league games.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Bloody hell, with the squad at Hillsborough I reckon I could have em top six.
I hope he does completely turn things around, but no question he probably came within one defeat of the sack at Accrington after that pathetic performance down here in the cup. I certainly wasn’t in a minority of Owls who thought he should go, that’s for sure.

With regards to Holloway, I did say 'arguably' 😀

Never won anything? Well he won a Championship play off final, something no Argyle manager has ever done or ever looks like doing.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Bloody hell, with the squad at Hillsborough I reckon I could have em top six.
I hope he does completely turn things around, but no question he probably came within one defeat of the sack at Accrington after that pathetic performance down here in the cup. I certainly wasn’t in a minority of Owls who thought he should go, that’s for sure.

With regards to Holloway, I did say 'arguably' 😀

Never won anything? Well he won a Championship play off final, something no Argyle manager has ever done or ever looks like doing.
Surely you’d have to put Neil Warnock and Tony Pulis’s achievements at their various clubs above those of Ian Holloway at his.

Jan 27, 2012
He wanted double his wages to stay. FACT.

He was more than a clown Martyn he was a con artist.

The fact that he profited financially out of the SEB move to Wolves proves how much he loved Argyle.

If you were a football manager (a profession where you could get sacked at any moment) and Leiceister offered to double your wages, maybe you would consider taking up a job there. I bet most people would !

The truth is Argyle managers either get sacked , or they get poached by clubs that can pay more money.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie