An Evening With Ian Holloway | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

An Evening With Ian Holloway

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Wow really?

Of course I would.

What I wouldn’t do though is to go to another club and let them know what an Argyle player’s trigger price was (for a backhander).

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Wow really?

Of course I would.

What I wouldn’t do though is to go to another club and let them know what an Argyle player’s trigger price was (for a backhander).
Come on let's be honest that information would have been released by the agent anyhow when SEB wanted a move
If you agree such a clause you have to be prepared someone comes and takes you up on it without that clause I doubt we would have got him and we made a tidy profit on him as well we can't complain on that side

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Come on let's be honest that information would have been released by the agent anyhow when SEB wanted a move
If you agree such a clause you have to be prepared someone comes and takes you up on it without that clause I doubt we would have got him and we made a tidy profit on him as well we can't complain on that side
Agree with that. But what a lowlife thing to do as the ex manager. That was my point, little class shown.

Jan 2, 2010
I though all managers got a cut if the club made a profit on a player they brought while manager? Don't know where I got it from though.

Oct 12, 2021
Still won't be going after the game at Ipswich, anybody who leaves PAFC for whatever reason doesn't interest me, for so called bigger and better

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just a few people know the true story. Maybe just Holloway and Dunford. Were both shafted?
There were board members Duncan. I've travelled with one for 1000s of miles I reckon I know a lot more than most about what when on.

It simply confirms what a lot of think about Holloway.

I'm not sure what you mean about Durnford, he was a bit player in all of this.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2005
If you were a football manager (a profession where you could get sacked at any moment) and Leiceister offered to double your wages, maybe you would consider taking up a job there. I bet most people would !

The truth is Argyle managers either get sacked , or they get poached by clubs that can pay more money.
Same as every other football club.

No new news here, run along.

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
It’s the hypocrisy that got to me. The day before leaving us he swore allegiance to the club, and said if you chopped his legs off green blood would flow. Why did he need to say all that when he clearly knew he was leaving?
Ruined my Holiday did Hollowords. Reading the previous days ‘erald in the Gatwick departure lounge about how he would die for Argyle only to be sat in a bar in Malta the same evening to see on Sky Sports News that he had gone to Leicester. Fair choked on my Marsovin and Seven up I did.

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Ruined my Holiday did Hollowords. Reading the previous days ‘erald in the Gatwick departure lounge about how he would die for Argyle only to be sat in a bar in Malta the same evening to see on Sky Sports News that he had gone to Leicester. Fair choked on my Marsovin and Seven up I did.
Not Malta's famous Kinny?

Come on folks give Holloway a break as he put a £100 behind the bar for a fans evening at Indian Queens Social Club many years ago. :p Also no bleeding wonder I still have 800 copies of my part life story - part cookbook Food for Thought still available as among other related Argyle stuff I put a picture of Holloway and myself in the book. :eek: Hence, if you are looking for a nice present for Christmas or some toilet paper check out the link below. 👍