An Evening With Ian Holloway | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

An Evening With Ian Holloway

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Come on folks give Holloway a break as he put a Ā£100 behind the bar for a fans evening at Indian Queens Social Club many years ago. :p Also no bleeding wonder I still have 800 copies of my part life story - part cookbook Food for Thought still available as among other related Argyle stuff I put a picture of Holloway and myself in the book. :eek: Hence, if you are looking for a nice present for Christmas or some toilet paper check out the link below. šŸ‘
A book I am proud to own. But I only want one copy thanks Dave.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep I have a signed copy as well. It's a good read that's for sure.

Bovey Green lady

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 29, 2019
Tried it once and did not like it for two reasons 1. Non alcoholic 2. Tastes like fermented dog doo!
Don't insult the drink of my childhood! Thinks--"Maybe that's why I turned out this way"?

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
How do you know it tastes like fermented dog's poo?
If you had tasted Kinnie, believe me you would know. I have tasted some horrible beverages in my time. A drink fermented from reindeer milk in Finnish Lapland and bottled beer in Mombasa that actually had solid lumps in but Kinnie beats them both for vileness.

Jan 11, 2016
I always thought a pint of Plymouth Breweries came pretty close to nul points but obviously it has serious rivals!

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I always thought a pint of Plymouth Breweries came pretty close to nul points but obviously it has serious rivals!
Take a glass of Fanta Orange and fill it with all the herbs from your spice rack ground to a powder. Stir and serve. Thatā€™s Kinnie Seriously itā€™s two main ingredients are bitter oranges and wormwood!!

Apr 13, 2006
Plymouth
Saw him and met him briefly when he did a talk about his career at Walkabout some time back. Was an interesting evening and gave a view on the politics that was going on at the time when he was manager. Don't think we'll ever find find out all that was happening behind the scenes but for now we move forward and hopefully get stronger as a club and team.

Mar 23, 2013
Of course it depends how you measure these things but ā€œbest manager everā€? Better than Sturrock, Waiters, Warnock, Smith to name but a few? Get real! One of his better ideas was to paint Smeatonā€™s Tower green! Prat doesnā€™t do it justice. He never actually won anything! Champion talker though.
Very biter....let it go.

Feb 8, 2005
Very biter....let it go.
I'm with Kentish Green. Holloway was a rat of the highest order.

Not because he left us, all managers leave at some point, but by the way he left us.

We don't know what went on behind the scenes, and it was probably the deciding factor, but to leave the way he did was unwarranted, even though, in hindsight, he regrets the way he left, his regret just shows that what he did was wrong.

Everlasting love for the Club one day, and left for Leicester the next.

Shows him in his true colours.

Aug 5, 2015
I canā€™t say Iā€™m bitter. Like most folk I have people and things in my life which are far far more important. But when it is suggested he was arguably Argyleā€™s greatest ever manager, that demands a response. He may well have achieved greater things at other clubs but for us he achieved next to nothing. Sorry but in my eyes that doesnā€™t bring him remotely near some of our truly great managers.