Advertising | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Advertising

Aug 2, 2011
OK thanks. That's more or less it. What I find annoying is no sooner do I delete one then the next turns up. I guess I am just a grumpy old so and so. Still if it ensures the sites keeps going old so and so.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If it's just that than yes you are. :greensmile:

It stays at the bottom and doesn't follow when you scroll.

That type pays loads more than the top bigger ones, but not anywhere near what pop ups would. But we're not having them.

By the way, if you do click the advert now and again, more fractions of a penny fall into our pot. Just saying, when you're bored. :thumbup:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’m using an iPhone and switch to desktop mode from mobile.

My question.. is the website getting any revenue from the amount of clicks on the website? I ask because ever since we changed it I’m forever going to click a topic or message board and right before I do so the page seems to move down a fraction which makes me click the wrong bit. It’s as if the page is still loading and shifts just at the wrong time but it’s a little too frequent (and frustrating) which makes me wonder if there’s something more to it like forcing the wrong click to register extra usage?

May 22, 2006
I have a very strange thing happening with my browser. It has nothing to do with the thread as it's not advertising related, but is appears to be a techy thing so I'll put it here anyway.

The page title is currently "Advertising 5". If I refresh it becomes "Advertising 3". Then "Advertising 2". And I think "OK, it's going to 1"...but no, it does the dirty on me and goes back to "Advertising 5".

What gives?

Dec 3, 2005
Just going to click on 'Argyle Discussion' and the damn advert took its place, so i was transported to the damn advert website.
!!!!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
djg145":1slbivpf said:
Just going to click on 'Argyle Discussion' and the damn advert took its place, so i was transported to the damn advert website.
!!!!

That's what was bugging me djg and I raised it much earlier on the thread. It's the slow to load double-width banner that causes the issue. So used to quickly clicking Argyle Discussion and the darn thing catches you every time on iPad.

Bookmark directly to Argyle Discussion and your pain will be eased.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Is there anyway to stop the pop ups? I keep getting the same one every 20 secs.

May 22, 2006
JannerinCardiff":21axw5r5 said:

What device / browser are you using? There's probably an add-on or extension that blocks them.

Sorry Ian, I know you rely on this stuff but it's really intrusive and annoying.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ham Green":2j90qj6o said:
JannerinCardiff":2j90qj6o said:

What device / browser are you using? There's probably an add-on or extension that blocks them.

Sorry Ian, I know you rely on this stuff but it's really intrusive and annoying.

I’ve got an iPhone.. does that help. I’ve blocked pop ups on settings>safari which works normally but not on p@soti. Any help?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I keep getting the same lion king pop up advert - really frustrating!!