Adams in demand? | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams in demand?

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
So hypothetically speaking, say Adams was poached at the end of this season part way through a 4 year contract by a Championship club, what sort of compensation do you think we’d ask for/be due?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Guiri Green":2wzcz5jm said:
Cobi Budge":2wzcz5jm said:
League wins across the 92 league clubs since the start of 15/16 season (when DA took over):

1st with 65 wins: Man City, Plymouth Argyle
2nd with 63 wins: Sheffield United
3rd with 61 wins: Portsmouth

Crazy stat.

Certainly is a crazy stat. Especially as we're apparently under performing budget wise and getting ripped off by all and sundry ;)

Anyone who thinks we're under-performing budget-wise, truly needs help.

May 8, 2011
Trinity Green":13blrk2q said:
So hypothetically speaking, say Adams was poached at the end of this season part way through a 4 year contract by a Championship club, what sort of compensation do you think we’d ask for/be due?

With 2 years on his contract around £750,000.

Feb 21, 2011
DartingtonPilgrim":3udlvf23 said:
Cobi Budge":3udlvf23 said:
League wins across the 92 league clubs since the start of 15/16 season (when DA took over):

Crazy stat.

Very impressive stat Cobi , however ,just checked Portsmouth and Wigans records under Paul Cook , which show that he has been in charge of 68 wins in the same period of time .
Imagine the stat if DA a far superior manager to PC had the relative budgets of Pompey and Wigan at Argyle, managing those two at the levels Cook has you could say he's under performed.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
BadBoy":3ps8nwco said:
DartingtonPilgrim":3ps8nwco said:
Cobi Budge":3ps8nwco said:

Crazy stat.

Very impressive stat Cobi , however ,just checked Portsmouth and Wigans records under Paul Cook , which show that he has been in charge of 68 wins in the same period of time .
Imagine the stat if DA a far superior manager to PC had the relative budgets of Pompey and Wigan at Argyle, managing those two at the levels Cook has you could say he's under performed.

Absolutely agree BadBoy , Chris Wilder is another with a high wins record during the same period (74 wins), but both Northampton and Sheff Utds would have been considerably higher than ours at the same time .

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
HC Green":1bj0000h said:
Trinity Green":1bj0000h said:

So, offer him an extension now. It wouldn’t surprise me if JB has already offered it.

Jul 2, 2014
Given that promotion is a real possibility (although still not likely), I suspect that all new contracts that are offered (to DA and players alike) may require contingency clauses. I would not be surprised if his contract has promotion bonuses included in his current contract.

However, I suspect that DA will get a major bonus if we are promoted because that would be a milestone achieved very early, and a new contract offer in the later half of next season (~18 months before his current contract expires) after he has faced the challenge of Championship.

I get the impression that JB and DA have a excellent partnership and one will be with the club as long as the other is.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

HC Green":2d57a6pm said:
Trinity Green":2d57a6pm said:

I think that's a rather wishful thinking figure.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":13exru5p said:
HC Green":13exru5p said:
Trinity Green":13exru5p said:

I think that's a rather wishful thinking figure.
That's what I thought. Average League One manager's wages are 75k - 100k, allegedly.

Oct 24, 2010
The Grumpy Loyal":goa0zqxw said:
Guiri Green":goa0zqxw said:
Cobi Budge":goa0zqxw said:

Crazy stat.

Certainly is a crazy stat. Especially as we're apparently under performing budget wise and getting ripped off by all and sundry ;)

You think Adams is a barefaced liar?

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
esmer":m0k1agn3 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":m0k1agn3 said:
Guiri Green":m0k1agn3 said:
Cobi Budge":m0k1agn3 said:

Crazy stat.

Does DA think we're underperforming ?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

esmer":10xfkmfv said:
The Grumpy Loyal":10xfkmfv said:
Guiri Green":10xfkmfv said:
Cobi Budge":10xfkmfv said:

Crazy stat.

Not in the slightest.

Are you honestly trying to say that Adams has said he himself is under-performing, budget-wise?

Good luck with trying to dig out that quote.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So you don't think he's clever enough to get that out there, when buying players?

Doesn't take a genius to work out what he's doing does it?