5 games to go (previous seasons) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

5 games to go (previous seasons)

Jan 28, 2011
SHROPSHIRE
6-0 I think. The replay of the game that was abandoned because of the blizzard,
with Bradford leading.
Pretty sure it was 6-1 , with Malcolm Alison as the manager , and the reserves came on straight after to play their final fixture of the season as well ?

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Dalglish took over, didn't he? It was the start of the Jack Walker tenure, Bobby Mimms in goal. We had to win to stay up, they had to win to go up. We went 1 nil up, Dave Smith if I recall. Then a David Speedie hat trick sealed our fate. One of the few times we had a delayed kick off due to fans arriving late. 17k attendance, which was huge then!
My first season supporting Argyle. I think Kemp was manager?

Reactions: Monster Green

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Dalglish took over, didn't he? It was the start of the Jack Walker tenure, Bobby Mimms in goal. We had to win to stay up, they had to win to go up. We went 1 nil up, Dave Smith if I recall. Then a David Speedie hat trick sealed our fate. One of the few times we had a delayed kick off due to fans arriving late. 17k attendance, which was huge then!
Blackburn went up through the playoffs, Dalglish took charge and his first game was a 5 2 win against Argyle. In the home game Shilton stated that if Argyle went down, they'd come straight back up!

Reactions: Monster Green

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
We lost 4-1 thanks to David Speedie and were relegated. Unless you're talking about another time that predates my memory.
20th April 1991 according to GOS, we did win 4-1.
My grey matter has blurred and GOS says we still had a further 3 more matches to play.

Jun 27, 2019
20th April 1991 according to GOS, we did win 4-1.
My grey matter has blurred and GOS says we still had a further 3 more matches to play.
I remember that game - it wasn't a relegation decider, though. Pretty sure we went 4-0 up really early on, like after 20 minutes or something, and then just sauntering through the second-half.

That lanky striker Paul Robinson scored a couple but I don't recall him doing anything else for us after that.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
I was at that game, Luke Young scored our first and you’re right Darren Purse scored a header for our equaliser. Steve Fletcher also hit the bar from about 40 yards. Ollie Chenoweth played in goal, I think that was the only appearance he made for us.
I was at that game. Yes it was Ollie’s only game for us. I cannot remember a single other thing about the game.

May 11, 2023
Has anybody mentioned 1963/4? We were dead and buried at Christmas, then things picked up. With eight games to go we won 3, drew 3 and only lost 1 but still needed a draw in the final match to stay up - which we got 0-0 against Rotherham. Far too close for comfort!!!!!

Reactions: ChepstowGreen

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Blackburn went up through the playoffs, Dalglish took charge and his first game was a 5 2 win against Argyle. In the home game Shilton stated that if Argyle went down, they'd come straight back up!

I was youngish so memory isnt quite sure, but l think a few games before we played Oxford Utd at Home Park. I am sure we won & convinved Nicky Marker scored. I mention this because that victory l thought was crucial at the time.

I am sure this was in the same season and like you said Blackburn nailed our fate. David Speedie was a small guy, but lm sure he was one of those players decent in the air for his size.

The same Shilton who decided he was a better goalkeeper than Rhys Wilmot that day. I don't think he was, at least one of the goals was soft and Rhys would have saved it.

Reactions: smudja

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
My first season attending -1963? I think - we drew 0-0 with Rotherham to stay up in the old D2 on goal difference average. Not sure when GD came in.
It was 1963/64 season, I was also at the game. If we had lost, we would have been relegated by a point.

I can remember it being announced over the tannoy soon after full time that we had stayed up.

It was quite a good point in the end because Rotherham finished quite high up the table that season.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
The same Shilton who decided he was a better goalkeeper than Rhys Wilmot that day. I don't think he was, at least one of the goals was soft and Rhys would have saved it.
The same Shilton who couldn't cope with the vack pass law change