2024/2025 Squad list | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

2024/2025 Squad list

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
I was sure Gibson signed for two-years, but can't find any source for it now
There seems to be some mystery surrounding when his contract expires. No one seems to know. Bearing in mind he signed from Everton who had offered him a new deal I wonder whether he had some release clause built into his contract if we had been relegated back to League One. All will no doubt be revealed when the retained list is announced.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I would be very surprised if Cooper and Morgs are with us next season. We will rebuild with mainly out of contract players and one or 2 eye catching signings, both smashing our own transfer record, probably for attacking players.

Reactions: AndyH and GU7Green
Oct 10, 2018
Very shaky source (my wife says "I'm sure I read this earlier") but Coops to be sold for £8m... Hope it's not true.
To be honest £8 million for goalie only just come back from injury, has only played a dozen games at championship level is good business.

Secondly Hazard for me shows he is far more than able to take up the No1 spot.

Copper no doubt is a great shot stopper, but all this punching at crosses in the air, means it can drop anywhere and enables the ball to be returned into the box immediately.

Hazard actually catches when he calls for crosses. He also proved he was a great shot stopper.

The only reason Copper is rated higher is because he was born in Plymouth, I agree it is great to have a player come through the academy it's not a fair enough reason to pick him ahead of Hazard.

Jul 29, 2008
To be honest £8 million for goalie only just come back from injury, has only played a dozen games at championship level is good business.

Copper no doubt is a great shot stopper, but all this punching at crosses in the air, means it can drop anywhere and enables the ball to be returned into the box immediately.

Hazard actually catches when he calls for crosses. He also proved he was a great shot stopper.

The only reason Copper is rated higher is because he was born in Plymouth, I agree it is great to have a player come through the academy it's not a fair enough reason to pick him ahead of Hazard.
Cooper is a far superior all round keeper, breeds confidence through the team when he plays. Hazard is your typical old school keeper good at shot stopping but poor at playing out & starting attacks like cooper does. Sadly with 1 year left it looks like we’re selling cooper which is absolutely the right thing to do but we’ll be a much poorer side without him - unless his replacement is of an equal level.

Oct 10, 2018
Cooper is a far superior all round keeper, breeds confidence through the team when he plays. Hazard is your typical old school keeper good at shot stopping but poor at playing out & starting attacks like cooper does. Sadly with 1 year left it looks like we’re selling cooper which is absolutely the right thing to do but we’ll be a much poorer side without him - unless his replacement is of an equal level.
Disagree I actually feel Hazard commands the ariel balls in box far better than Cooper who chooses to punch everything, he will get punished for this.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley

I think you’ve been watching two different goalkeepers to the ones I’ve seen.

Cooper punches the ball only when under pressure, or if he knows he can’t comfortably catch it - his handling is second to none, whereas when Hazard is under pressure, he gives me the collywobbles. Furthermore, Hazard will only catch a cross when it is in his six yard box, as he doesn’t command his area enough to come out any further for it, ridiculous for the size of him.

The weakest part of Cooper’s game is his kicking, but it’s still better than Hazard’s.

Hazard is a decent back-up goalkeeper, but I think if Cooper is to move on, we’ll need a new number one.

By the way, Cooper was born in Exeter.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland

Hazard doesn't catch crosses. He's flapped at so many and left them for strikers to tap in. We were conceding loads of goals from him doing that in the first half of the season. The stats will show you that no keeper in the league is better at claiming crosses than Mike Cooper.

Aug 8, 2014
Hazard doesn't catch crosses. He's flapped at so many and left them for strikers to tap in. We were conceding loads of goals from him doing that in the first half of the season. The stats will show you that no keeper in the league is better at claiming crosses than Mike Cooper.
Spot on....

Sorry to say but if hazard had stayed as no. 1 we would have been relegated by Easter.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
The only reason Cooper is rated higher is because he was born in Plymouth, I agree it is great to have a player come through the academy it's not a fair enough reason to pick him ahead of Hazard.
Pedant alert, Monty (and apologies for bad language) but Coops was born in... ahem... Exeter.

I'm very surprised he was allowed to join Argyle in the first place. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Belfast Green

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I agree with others that 8 million(hopefully with add ons) is good business as the final year of his contract nears especially after his injury problems.
I personally wouldn't want Hazard as our number 1 next season, he just isn't good enough with his feet for a modern goalkeeper. A good back up but I think we would need a new number 1.

Nov 22, 2018
Why does Hazard either have to be better than Cooper or the brunt of absolute vitriol?

Aren't we happy to have a dependable keeper in this division? After having Hazard for half a season (when he played we were mainly 19th-16th in the table), I'd say he is up to the job of being number 1.

Sep 7, 2006
London
I hope you are right, my player of the season and we should be offering a decent contract as a thank you.
Our defence were decent this season and he was the main man.
Unfortunately I can't find any reference to it, so might be me getting mixed up. I was sure a source said two years at the time. 🤷‍♂️