2024/2025 Squad list | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

2024/2025 Squad list

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I would like to see us move to a 4-2-3-1 next season.
Edwards, Sorinola, Earley and (hopefully) Galloway are also decent full back options.
Centre half is a problem. Scarr and Pleguezuelo are decent back up options and Gibson and Galloway good options for the LCB. But we need a serious presence at RCB, with experience. Hellik at Huddersfield, who also gets goals, would be a decent signing. And we also need more pace in another new signing.
Forshaw, Houghton and Randell are all capable as deep lying midfielders but we need a physical presence in there, who can go box to box and can carry the ball.
It's in the front 3-1 positions that we need the largest strengthening. Whittaker will go I think, T.Wright and C.Wright probably need to. We need 2 options right and left with Mumba, 2 number 10s, a Hardie back-up and a target man.
I make that 10 new players, which seems about right to me.

Reactions: Moorlander
Apr 30, 2011
I'd offer Miller and Galloway contracts but with some recognition of their injury problems. I suspect they both may leave as other clubs might not fully understand their injury problems and offer them more money. I'd like to see Galloway repay some loyalty the club showed him, that said if he'd been crap this season we would have booted him out the door and not thought twice about it.

In terms of the rest of the squad, it's tricky really. We definitely need two more strikers and Ben Waine desperately needs to leave on loan for an entire season in the hope that he can find a style of play that suits him and allows him to develop. I like Pleggy but not sure if he is tall enough to play as a CB in a 4 3 3. He could be ideal as a RB playing inverted, I think he has the brains for this role.

I'd he happy to get Phillips back but I'd imagine there maybe other suitors for him which would be a shame but not the end of the world. He needs to work on his fitness levels, I think he is too muscular which causes him to gas out towards the end of games. Devine is never a 10, has done a job playing deeper but I don't think he is an upgrade on Rands, Forshaw or Jordan.

Gyabi would be an interesting addition, if Leeds go up I'm certain they'd be looking to off load him. His pressing as a 10 was really impressive in a couple of games. That would be an ideal compliment for a more attacking and creative partner.

Dan Scarr - 12 months ago I'd have said he would have been done by now. But he actually turned out to be one of hero's. He doesn't get injured often. We know exactly what he is and what he is not. I feel we are a better squad with him in it. I'm not sure he will be first choice if we are playing 4 3 3.

And, of course, who and what we sign will be dependent on what happens to out sought after players. Cooper, Morgan and Hotdog will surely have caught the attention of other clubs. I'd be happy if we could retain two of that three.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Really don’t want to lose our best players but we need a rebuild and money from Morgan, Coops and Hardie would mean we could sign 10 players for the level.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I'd offer Miller and Galloway contracts but with some recognition of their injury problems. I suspect they both may leave as other clubs might not fully understand their injury problems and offer them more money. I'd like to see Galloway repay some loyalty the club showed him, that said if he'd been crap this season we would have booted him out the door and not thought twice about it.

In terms of the rest of the squad, it's tricky really. We definitely need two more strikers and Ben Waine desperately needs to leave on loan for an entire season in the hope that he can find a style of play that suits him and allows him to develop. I like Pleggy but not sure if he is tall enough to play as a CB in a 4 3 3. He could be ideal as a RB playing inverted, I think he has the brains for this role.

I'd he happy to get Phillips back but I'd imagine there maybe other suitors for him which would be a shame but not the end of the world. He needs to work on his fitness levels, I think he is too muscular which causes him to gas out towards the end of games. Devine is never a 10, has done a job playing deeper but I don't think he is an upgrade on Rands, Forshaw or Jordan.

Gyabi would be an interesting addition, if Leeds go up I'm certain they'd be looking to off load him. His pressing as a 10 was really impressive in a couple of games. That would be an ideal compliment for a more attacking and creative partner.

Dan Scarr - 12 months ago I'd have said he would have been done by now. But he actually turned out to be one of hero's. He doesn't get injured often. We know exactly what he is and what he is not. I feel we are a better squad with him in it. I'm not sure he will be first choice if we are playing 4 3 3.

And, of course, who and what we sign will be dependent on what happens to out sought after players. Cooper, Morgan and Hotdog will surely have caught the attention of other clubs. I'd be happy if we could retain two of that three.

We are in talks with Galloway and Miller about new deals. According to a poster on here Galloway said last night that he is staying

Reactions: Penmaster
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Worrying thing for me not based on individuals is how many players are out of contract in 2025. Hopefully some of them will sign contract extensions
Getting players (of significant quality and importance) who have proven themselves in the championship to sign a contract extension with us will be a major mile stone in our development as a club.

If I remember correctly wasn't this part of the downfall last time... Having enough budget to get better players throughout the squad at the same time as keeping key performers??! ....and not losing them to divisional rivals....

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
How can you decide on who stays & go's without the manager / coach in place.

Obviously, we will sign Galloway if he wants to stay because he is a class act but with Miller will he get enough game time under a new boss?

For me we have to decide how we are moving forward. Like obviously it's good if a coach can be flexible with their tactics, but what us their main way of playing.

If its a back four, then simply because of their lack of pace & althetism l think there are a few players under contract who would be better served by moving on.

We need more mobile players. We need much more strength & physicality in particular areas of the pitch.

Yet until we appoint a new head coach & understand more about his philosophy we are in a little bit of limbo regarding decisions on players. The only exception to this would be a massive bid the club couldn't refuse for a Whittaker or a Cooper.

Reactions: oldage and oke buoy

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
For me we have to decide how we are moving forward. Like obviously it's good if a coach can be flexible with their tactics, but what us their main way of playing.
For continuity you need to get a manager that fits the players and style you have, if you keep changing managers and they bring in players you have a very disjointed squad, see Spurs and Manchester Utd, as opposed to Brighton who bring in managers to continue the vision.

Reactions: Wexford Green