20/21 financial statements submitted | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

20/21 financial statements submitted

May 8, 2011
That seems to be a wilfully pessimistic perspective!

I imagine our turnover (from match day sales, corporate etc etc) would have been substantially higher had Covid not got in the way - thank goodness Simon Hallett and the board had the foresight to take out insurance. We are lucky to have such financial transparency from our club, I doubt if we would see the same information from others.
As the corporate area of the Granstand has had almost 100% use since January I’m not sure how it could attract much more income.

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
As the corporate area of the Granstand has had almost 100% use since January I’m not sure how it could attract much more income.
Fair enough, but that's still only 6 months' worth of income and we won't have had full hospitality, ticket sales, shop sales, gigs etc in quite a long time. I know I'm a glass half full person!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
£376,000 profit up to period June 2021 is fantastic news given the circumstances.
I am not trying to be a knocker but I expect the end of trading year credit balances include a significant portion the loss of trading income insurance policy proceeds that SH very prudently got the Club to pay the premium on.

Jan 6, 2004
If you exclude the one off income of £3.6m from the insurance payout and the PL grant the Club would have made a very substantial loss.
It would seems that we are a way off being financially sustainable.
The insurance payout is to cover income the club would have otherwise earned so it makes no sense to exclude this from any analysis of profitability.

Reactions: Penmaster
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
The insurance payout is to cover income the club would have otherwise earned so it makes no sense to exclude this from any analysis of profitability.
Yep exactly.

Insurance companies don't just hand out cash for nothing. They'll want to pay the bare minimum.

So the amount we received will be to cover specific revenues lost, which means in theory Argyle should have had similar profit levels without the lockdowns

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

That’s not quite true, is it? With the NHS and marquee being in situ, the grandstand hasn’t been fully operational by and for Argyle.

Unless I’m missing something.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Some interesting information in the full accounts..
Ticket sales £845,319 2021 £2,653,341 2020 - just under 40% of turnover (A massive reduction)
Commercial and streaming £1.29m 2021 and £0.86m 2020 (near 50% increase)
Transfer income £59,050 2021 £1,129,346 2020 (A massive reduction)
Hospitality £352,139 2021 £584,286 2020
Wages and salaries(all not just players budget) £4.3m 2021 - 76% of turnover £4.4m 2020 - 63% 0f turnover. (About the same and Ryan Lowe said the playing budget was ranked about 18th in the League.
Number of employees 262 2021 292 2020 reduction in number sin administration, hospitality, retail and (obviously match day employees). Increase in Academy.

On the basis of the above we can expect ticket sales to be above the 2020 level despite the reductions for season ticket holders this year. We can reasonably expect in an average year better than just under £60,000 in transfer income. Clearly the streaming service is bringing in significant income - with the improvements to Argyle TV we can expect this to improve. Clearly with the hospitality offer now in full swing that will significantly increase revenues over the £352,000 last year.

With the obvious potential for additional income as outlined above, a playing budget 12th - 15th in the League and very significant cash reserves, this year gives the Club every opportunity to make giant strides towards the goal of sustainability. Moreover we own the stadium, got a new grandstand and a massively hospitality offer and have no external debt. Our training facilities are vastly improved and improvement continue in all areas of the stadium

Given the end of this week marks the 10th anniversary from the exit of administration and the return of the Football League 'Golden Share' that is some achievement - it really is!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
If you exclude the one off income of £3.6m from the insurance payout and the PL grant the Club would have made a very substantial loss.
It would seems that we are a way off being financially sustainable.
But why would you exclude it? That's all part and parcel of a very run club no?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
A lot of the income was due to..... season ticket holders not withdrawing their money .... one offs due to the virus ....and a cash injection from the chairman..plus the windfall from the insurance..we are nowhere near being one of the big hitters in this division.....

Sep 14, 2021
Very promising and shows excellent management, cash rich is a good position to be in post pandemic,

the areas for improvement are the non match day use of Home Park, this is where the bud money sits and the reason the club has invested in Andrew Parkinson and Christian Kent,

i am delighted with the report and the positive mention of the amazing ST holders and their sacrifice of their ST money.

these accounts are not a time to be glum, on the back of a global pandemic they are pretty spectacular and think most championship, L1 clubs would love to be in this position.

Reactions: Topboy