20/21 financial statements submitted | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

20/21 financial statements submitted

Jan 6, 2004
We seem to be sitting on £6.5m in cash. Cant be many clubs at our level with a cash mountain like that...

suggests there may be a pot for reinforcements at Christmas if needed

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
We seem to be sitting on £6.5m in cash. Cant be many clubs at our level with a cash mountain like that...

suggests there may be a pot for reinforcements at Christmas if needed
Remember that is only a moment in time. Wages will have made a decent hole in that before the new season kicked off, as will the laying of a new pitch.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We are a extremely well run club - doubt there are many football league clubs with a healthy cash reserve the size of ours

Our custodians are certainly looking after our beloved club in exemplary fashion :D(y):D💚

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Hopefully when the cooperate facilities are well and truly up and running we won’t be too far away from being self sufficient.

Good times for sure.

Jan 6, 2004
Remember that is only a moment in time. Wages will have made a decent hole in that before the new season kicked off, as will the laying of a new pitch.
True but presumably we will also have had other revenues coming in since then too. In any event, the picture looks pretty good.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
£376,000 profit up to period June 2021 is fantastic news given the circumstances.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Some of the 6.5 million pot could already have been used, more will be used possibly sorting out the upper Mayflower, the floodlights, new seats in the horsehoe, upgrading the academy, maybe purchasing land for the all in one training and academy set up etc etc?
Nevertheless it is a healthy set of accounts and one many other clubs would love to have, and just how transparent are they?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah I have to say, I didn't realise we were THAT much in the black. Really incredibly impressive, reassuring and exciting in equal measure.

May 8, 2011
£376,000 profit up to period June 2021 is fantastic news given the circumstances.
If you exclude the one off income of £3.6m from the insurance payout and the PL grant the Club would have made a very substantial loss.
It would seems that we are a way off being financially sustainable.

Reactions: budock
Dec 30, 2020
Tremendous to have made a profit but we’d have been looking at huge losses without the payment from the premier league and the insurance payout. David Ray says on the website that very few clubs were able to make similar successful claims, so whoever arranged our policy deserves a pat on the back to say the least.

The other thing that caught my (non professional) eye reading the accounts is that income from ticket sales was ‘only’ down by about 2/3s even though we barely admitted any paying spectators. It shows how critical season ticket sales are to the club, and also makes me think that the extra income we’d have got in a ‘normal’ year wouldnt have been enough to offset the loss of the one-off payouts booked from the PL & the insurance policy.

So I would guess that we are still short of our aim of financial stability but these figures seem very good given the pandemic, and surely much healthier than most comparable clubs

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
If you exclude the one off income of £3.6m from the insurance payout and the PL grant the Club would have made a very substantial loss.
It would seems that we are a way off being financially sustainable.
That seems to be a wilfully pessimistic perspective!

I imagine our turnover (from match day sales, corporate etc etc) would have been substantially higher had Covid not got in the way - thank goodness Simon Hallett and the board had the foresight to take out insurance. We are lucky to have such financial transparency from our club, I doubt if we would see the same information from others.