Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams bans Plymouth Live | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams bans Plymouth Live

Is Adams right in banning the Herald?

• Yes

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 37 21.6%

• Total voters

TRA1984

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 4, 2008
Plymouth
Interesting to see this, particularly after the non-biased reports from ‘journalist’ Stuart James earlier this season...

Link

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Good!

This has been coming for a while, the comic seize on any negative news or result, even a draw, and turn it into a full blown crisis to whip up an imaginary storm and feed a fake frenzy amongst fans, all in the hope of driving readership to their failing website.

I do feel sorry for Chris Errington who's balanced reporting stood out amongst the dross written by Stuart James and co.

Jan 27, 2012
Very bad move by Adams and Argyle as his employer.

1. The Herald give the club huge amounts of free publicity.

2. It will limit the club news available to fans.

3. If Adams can't accept some criticism then it makes him appear weak.

I'd like to know what the chairman has to say about this. As a paying supporter I am not impressed.

Aug 2, 2011
Excellent news. A grubby media outlet only interested in creating fake news headlines and casting click bait. Well done Adams.

Sep 19, 2015
I too am totally tired of shoddy reporting from this local rag but surely silencing them with have an adverse effect on the exposure of the club? Strange move when in 8 months or so we will be trying to advertise our new show piece at Home Park.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Providing that Argyle pick up the slack and improve their output, then I don’t have a problem with this. Herald’s reporting has been getting worse by the season, barring Chris Errington.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Will this really have a huge impact? Plymouth Live will still cover the games etc, and we can get our updates about the club through the website/twitter.

Maybe it'll teach them a lesson in doing proper reporting, not reporting that DA will be sacked by christmas because thats what football manager says!

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The Herald do write some absolute drivel, and trawling social media for 'Fans Views' to use as content makes me cringe...

... BUT - Adams is terrible at taking criticism, and thats not a good thing. Be it from fans when leaving the pitch (yobs - ironic after this weekend hey?) or whats written online.

Derek - you need to understand you are not the messiah and you're a very hard chap to like. Some times its not all about results, and I still maintain you are NOT the right manager for this club in the long run.

May 1, 2011
Presto":lzyiwnwc said:
Excellent news. A grubby media outlet only interested in creating fake news headlines and casting click bait. Well done Adams.

Yes let's hope we get less reporting about Argyle. There are about 2 papers in the UK that give a toss about the club so let's ban one because it gave Adams some gentle criticism and allowed fans to express an opinion other than in 'Derek we Trust.' It's beyond pathetic.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Stuart House":13iyrzy9 said:
The Herald do write some absolute drivel, and trawling social media for 'Fans Views' to use as content makes me cringe...

... BUT - Adams is terrible at taking criticism, and thats not a good thing. Be it from fans when leaving the pitch (yobs - ironic after this weekend hey?) or whats written online.

Derek - you need to understand you are not the messiah and you're a very hard chap to like. Some times its not all about results, and I still maintain you are NOT the right manager for this club in the long run.
Spot on.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Oh Dear, What a shame, never mind.

One of the worst websites I know for crepe, auto-playing videos and an almost complete lack of journalism. Errington has probably been expecting it given the rubbish 'written' by Jak Ball in particular. Not forgetting the drivel from Danny Salman, a player most people had forgotten about. I have lost count of the times Jak Ball has used the meaningless 'went viral'.

Nov 12, 2003
Chris Errington can hardly be described as a bad journalist. I think he is excellent. And most of the the other writers are good as well. Personally I really like the Herald and rely on it for most Argyle news. The podcast they produce is good too. So this is a kick in the teeth for supporters like me. There needs to be some independent analysis and criticism of Argyle. If it's all praise then we don't get a true picture. The official club news is presumably vetted by Adams so it's only stuff he agrees with ? That's not true journalism. Adams must have some ego and all this power seems to have gone to his head. I hope the directors step in and sort this matter out. Argyle have shot themselves in the foot with this move.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well done Derek.

Who the hell cares what an aging crablike ex Grecian has to say?

Snidey reporting in my book.

Jan 27, 2012
All these people saying how awful the Herald is- yet you obviously still read it !

Cowardly move by PAFC which reflects very badly on the club. What exactly are they afraid of ?

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
One or two extreme opinions in either direction on Twitter do not make up enough of an excuse for an 'article'.
This is lazy and bad journalism.
This applies to Plymouth Live - and National papers in their coverage of 'celebrities' etc.

But it is sad that it has come to this. It does not bring credit to either side.