Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 48 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
arthpafc":3sqzkmzs said:
Hope the board forget him, I don't want him here.. I don't want anyone who's priority isn't Argyle.

Even if they’re not employed by Argyle???

The club he cares about most is going under, if he does take the Argyle job I wouldn’t have any problem whatsoever with him taking care of that first.

For what it’s worth, I think the distance from home is too big an issue on this occasion, but demanding him to bleed green and white before he’s even set foot in Home Park (or perhaps even formally been offered the job) seems a tad harsh.

Edit... what Knibs said :thumbup:

Jan 27, 2012
There’s no firm evidence that Ryan Lowe has been offered the Argyle job. His links with the vacancy stem from a media report which claim he was interviewed. That is probably the only reason he is favourite with the bookmakers- the names of other interviewees haven’t been reported.

I also think that it’s a tough decision for a person to move to an entirely new part of the country. I suspect that there are people on this forum who may hesitate to accept a job in Bury, even if it is a job that they really wanted. So if it’s true that Ryan Lowe is thinking over a job offer from Argyle (and we don’t know that is true) then you might expect him to need time to come to a decision.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Forest of Dean Green":o9gb7e8x said:
X Isle":o9gb7e8x said:
Kilgore Trout":o9gb7e8x said:
I'm beginning to feel that even if Lowe did decide to come here it would be because the Bury situation remained unresolved. As such his heart probably wouldn't be 100% in it and he could well move back north if an opportunity arose. I hope the board have recognised this and he is no longer our No 1 target (if indeed he ever was).
Yup, said as much a few days ago.

I don't want a manager for whom taking this appointment is anything other than his first choice.

We should be nobody's backstop.

Totally agree. If he doesn’t want it, move on. Shows how prudent the Board are on taking time to look at all options. We know our value, and we should hold out for someone who is inspired by the task in hand.

This.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
demportdave":2cc1oxh6 said:
If what MGM has said is correct and Hallett and the Board are aware of this, we should immediately inform Lowe that we are no longer interested in appointing him as his heart is clearly not in coming to Plymouth.

I was one of Adams’s biggest critics and lost faith in him well before the end of his first season. However, I never once doubted that he was 100% committed to Argyle and the same has to apply to whoever replaces him.

Totally agree about yr words re: Lowe..

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Mark Pedlar":3oowujfe said:
X Isle":3oowujfe said:
Kilgore Trout":3oowujfe said:
I'm beginning to feel that even if Lowe did decide to come here it would be because the Bury situation remained unresolved. As such his heart probably wouldn't be 100% in it and he could well move back north if an opportunity arose. I hope the board have recognised this and he is no longer our No 1 target (if indeed he ever was).
Yup, said as much a few days ago.

I don't want a manager for whom taking this appointment is anything other than his first choice.

We should be nobody's backstop.

Cough Holloway Cough

Cough, spit, Holooway, Cough, spit.

We can do better than that.

Mar 21, 2006
Alan Nixon has just posted on Twitter that Lowe to Argyle is still on and a decision will be made tomorrow.

Apr 5, 2008
Why is coughlan one of the favs to be manager.Why would he leave a league 1 club to manage a league 2 club.

If the board had got rid of Adams when we were bottom in the Autumn,then maybe we wouldn’t be struggling to get a decent manager in :facepalm:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
moles40":1tczao5f said:
Why is coughlan one of the favs to be manager.Why would he leave a league 1 club to manage a league 2 club

Same question applies to Lowe and possibly Flynn who are favourites with bookies.

Neil Warnock got Huddersfield promoted then joined s 4th tier Argyle so it has a precedent.

Jul 29, 2010
gaspargomez":2ynevvd8 said:
...I also think that it’s a tough decision for a person to move to an entirely new part of the country...
In isolation that isn't an unreasonable statement. But let us remember that he is a career footballer, it comes with the job and he's done it all his working life.

To you or I it would be a huge decision, to someone who every couple of years has done exactly that, not so much.

And even if we put that distinction to one side having a meeting with the local MP to lobby/publicise Bury's plight just emphasises his deep seated emotional investment in that club. It goes above and beyond a contractual obligation. Don't get me wrong I admire that loyalty and dedication, if I were a Bury fan I'd be very proud of him.

But I'm not, I'm an Argyle fan and were he to be announced with an image holding up an Argyle scarf there would be a significant part of me wondering if underneath his suit he was wearing a pair of Bury undercrackers. It's a bit like starting a relationship with a new partner whom you're not entirely convinced doesn't still burn a candle for her former partner. You'd always be mindful she could go back at any time in the future.

He wasn't my choice, he barely even registered on my radar. But I was open to the concept if the process and clearly identified predefined criteria selected him. But this would properly sour the appointment for me were it to happen now.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think some people are being extremely unfair in calling Lowe a time waster, or dismissing him because he hasn't jumped at the opportunity without any rational consideration/thought. There are lots of things to consider and this is a big move. He loves Bury, he's always lived in the North, there's the prospect of L1 football next season if Bury make it, and as far as I'm aware, Adams didn't have a young family to consider when he moved whereas Ryan Lowe does. Taking time to consider all of these things doesn't mean he's stringing us along, it means he's taking time to ensure it's right for him.

Also, if he does come, there's absolutely no reason to assume he wouldn't be fully committed. He's quite obviously interested in the job.

I for one still hope we get him as he ticks a lot of boxes.

Jul 12, 2016
X Isle":1dzf4om5 said:
gaspargomez":1dzf4om5 said:
...I also think that it’s a tough decision for a person to move to an entirely new part of the country...
In isolation that isn't an unreasonable statement. But let us remember that he is a career footballer, it comes with the job and he's done it all his working life.

To you or I it would be a huge decision, to someone who every couple of years has done exactly that, not so much.

And even if we put that distinction to one side having a meeting with the local MP to lobby/publicise Bury's plight just emphasises his deep seated emotional investment in that club. It goes above and beyond a contractual obligation. Don't get me wrong I admire that loyalty and dedication, if I were a Bury fan I'd be very proud of him.

But I'm not, I'm an Argyle fan and were he to be announced with an image holding up an Argyle scarf there would be a significant part of me wondering if underneath his suit he was wearing a pair of Bury undercrackers. It's a bit like starting a relationship with a new partner whom you're not entirely convinced doesn't still burn a candle for her former partner. You'd always be mindful she could go back at any time in the future.

He wasn't my choice, he barely even registered on my radar. But I was open to the concept if the process and clearly identified predefined criteria selected him. But this would properly sour the appointment for me were it to happen now.

This for me also.I am concerned that a Manager who halfheartedly accepts another job is likely to motivate others .

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
silkman":2v3dko7q said:
Alan Nixon has just posted on Twitter that Lowe to Argyle is still on and a decision will be made tomorrow.

Actually he says we'll know more tomorrow. Not sure if that's the same thing. I hope he comes.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ottawa Green":2q9i9dlb said:
Cough Holloway Cough

That's a nasty cough you have Mark

Yeah ... full of phlegm!! :sick:

As to Lowe: if he had already come and left Bury in the lurch, people (maybe the same people!!) would be on here giving it large over what a rat our new manager was!! :lol:

As to his commitment: I can see no evidence that he has even bothered to come and get some fish & chips on the Barbican. Call that commitment!??

Got to be Brian 'The Hake' Wake for me!! :scarf:

Status
Not open for further replies.