Charlton away (sold out) | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Wozzer":33qxh6f5 said:
Knarf Reprah":33qxh6f5 said:
Silly me, I didn't realise the SEATS were there to be ignored. What if you're disabled or infirm? Do the manchildren care?

My Mother travelled all the way to Liverpool for the cup game. She is 75 and about 4' 7". She missed 95% of the game due to the inconsiderate d*cks in front of her.

Reading stories like that make me angry. Hope your Mum was ok.

Pricks.

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
mervyn":1el4voso said:
I always sit amongst home fans because I donā€™t enjoy watching the game behind a goal

Crikey, now we have standers, sitters and sitters who sit on their hands !

Sep 20, 2003
Leon Horn":wgupug6f said:
Wozzer":wgupug6f said:
Knarf Reprah":wgupug6f said:
Silly me, I didn't realise the SEATS were there to be ignored. What if you're disabled or infirm? Do the manchildren care?

My Mother travelled all the way to Liverpool for the cup game. She is 75 and about 4' 7". She missed 95% of the game due to the inconsiderate d*cks in front of her.

Reading stories like that make me angry. Hope your Mum was ok.

Pricks.

Pity I wasn't there.

Oct 16, 2016
Wozzer":3n90vvb3 said:
Knarf Reprah":3n90vvb3 said:

Anfield Rd lower tier is a nightmare because of the cantilever stand above BUT tbf pretty much the entire stand was stood and I donā€™t think itā€™s a coincidence itā€™s considered one of the best atmospheres at a game for a good number of years

Doesn't detract from the fact that for a lady of your motherā€™s stature and years, it was/ is an intolerable menace

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I am praying this doesnā€™t sell out. I canā€™t be bothered for the seating/standing fiasco. Isnā€™t it about time that, as an away fan, you can select your seat online? So those who want to stand, can purchase tickets for the back.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fergy":212vssrm said:
I am praying this doesnā€™t sell out. I canā€™t be bothered for the seating/standing fiasco. Isnā€™t it about time that, as an away fan, you can select your seat online? So those who want to stand, can purchase tickets for the back.

Definitely. The have what you're given approach to ticket allocation at away games is an issue. I don't know why some folk are so precious about an allocated seat that they didn't pick?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It's another reason to have standing sections. Choose the standing section if you want to stand, and choose a seat if you want to sit. Everyone 'should' be happy.

If you stand and block someone's view in the seating section, then you have no argument when you're told to sit again.

My ticket for Saturday says Row z on it, I assume that's at the back! I too am dreading seeing any elderly fans or even children unable to see the game though, it's a horrible situation. Especially when they're then told by morons that they shouldn't have come because they should have known they'd have to stand.

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
SwimWithTheTide":1ifjgtgs said:
Fergy":1ifjgtgs said:

Definitely. The have what you're given approach to ticket allocation at away games is an issue. I don't know why some folk are so precious about an allocated seat that they didn't pick?

Amen. Those that want to sit, sit at the front. Those who want to stand, stand at the back. Causes more problems than it should.

Jan 6, 2004
seems to me basic good manners that, in situations where we cannot choose our seats, and when you know there will be children and people who cannot stand for 90 minutes who will not be able to see if everybody stands, that everyone remains seated.

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Terraces":372ej341 said:
The atmosphere is better when people stand.

And thatā€™s a fact.

Every club stands at away games. It's just what happens.
I completely understand/appreciate some people can't stand for what ever reason, but if their "seat" that they haven't chosen is at the back, why should everyone have to sit.
It's more down to being able to sit/stand where you want. Having an option to chose that would benefit everyone.

Sep 20, 2003
BradCobbs":3j57t7iz said:
Terraces":3j57t7iz said:

And thatā€™s a fact.

I completely understand/appreciate some people can't stand for what ever reason, but if their "seat" that they haven't chosen is at the back, why should everyone have to sit.
It's more down to being able to sit/stand where you want. Having an option to chose that would benefit everyone.

Common courtesy ?

Mar 18, 2006
BradCobbs":31fgj7mu said:
Terraces":31fgj7mu said:

And thatā€™s a fact.

That is a decision that will be made by the stewards on the day . If they decide, because the away end will be full to capacity, that it is allocated seating, then thatā€™s the way it will be . Never really an issue when there are plenty of spare seats but this time it may well be .

Jan 6, 2004
If the stand is nearly full then it will need to be allocated seating, it is a nightmare when people sit where they want in a full stand, there are arguments all over the place, friends and family end up not being able to sit together and inevitably a load of people don't get seats (because it is impossible to spot empty seats dotted around randomly) and end up hanging around in the aisles.