Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 33 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

Aug 5, 2016
argyleforever":2wu381h9 said:
The-Pilgrim":2wu381h9 said:
argyleforever":2wu381h9 said:
A good source tells me Argyle put a bid in for just £1600, (VIA EMAIL!!)
Charlton bid £4000 and Mk Dons Bid £6000..
:/

Did the others have theirs delivered by messenger pigeon or written in the sky? Why is by email such a big deal?

Its pretty unprofessional if you ask me

It's an offer of employment, not informing a soldier's family of their bereavement on the front line. What delicate or comforting touch does a conversation add to the occasion of a contract offer?

At Sotheby's they accept bids in person, on the phone or over the internet. The highest bid wins no matter where it's from.

I've applied for jobs over the internet and been delighted to have received confirmation of interviews and career positions by email (and that's not my boyhood club coming in for me). It's a strange thing to get your knickers in a twist over. Has Joe become a bit of a diva since he left Argyle to be getting upset over things like that? I can't imagine Yann Songo'o having his week ruined by his contract offer not coming in the correct format, through his agent, specifically over the telephone.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
An email leaves a record of an offer, a phone conversation doesn't. A letter is about 15 years out of date. Keep up.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Calling who though? It's all done via the agent these days so to call the agent to say there's an offer coming through is pointless. It's a modern world anyway, so I'm sure most, if not all offers are over email these days.

Felt more like a token offer than a serious one to me. DA offering it so he can't be accused of not trying but at the same time knowing we can't pay to his demands.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Despite being a free agent for 3 weeks and despite receiving offers from League One (including ours) and League Two clubs according to his agent, Joe Mason remains a free agent. It makes me begin to doubt his enthusiasm to get back playing with only a couple months of the season remaining. I think that we did well to miss out.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to some Chinese league for more money.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Is there an update on Joe, in as much as has he signed for anybody yet? Or on trial with anyone?

Surely he wants to get back playing ASAP.

Aug 17, 2005
Maybe it's something to do with his payoff from wolves in that if he signs for somebody from that moment onwards he doesn't get paid. For example it was reported that we offered 1600 per week. If your going to lose say 10000 per week by accepting the place what would one do

ChepstowGreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Yeah you could be right.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
signalspast":1xt2wxo8 said:
Maybe it's something to do with his payoff from wolves in that if he signs for somebody from that moment onwards he doesn't get paid. For example it was reported that we offered 1600 per week. If your going to lose say 10000 per week by accepting the place what would one do

One , at his age, would choose to play first team football and get/stay matchfit but that is one and one is not he ;-)

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone know where he’s ended up after declining our offer of a contract?

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
It seems that he is a free agent. His Wolves contract was terminated at the end of the January window.