Yann in court today | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Yann in court today

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ian...... its a club employee involved on two seperate occasions,and does not reflect kindly on their employer, if they deny an incident or fail repeatedly to turn up at court......the directors of PAFC read this site....I hope they are reading this...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
oddball":3ch7za97 said:
Ian...may not be to your taste but don't go down the"feed the troll" route....an argyle employee was caught speeding,in a PAFC vehicle, and should have owned up to it but he/she didn't and neither did the club ...bit like Carl Fletcher who couldn't remember if it was him or his wife who was driving...when caught speeding along Outland Road...at the end of the day both were employees of PAFC...disgusting behaviour whichever way you look at it.....

Where does it say it was a PAFC vehicle? I missed that.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Postcode....this is in a seperate incident to that of Songo who was driving his own Porsche at the time.Another argyle incident I believe involved a PAFC vehicle or indeed a PAFC hired vehicle which was also involved in a traffic incident,in which the CLUB refused to say who was driving...as I said previously I hope the directors of PAFC are reading this.....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
They never refused, no one owned up to it from memory.

Pretty laxidasical, as far as basic admin is concerned, but to say they refused is totally ridiculous.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
If Argyle could not identify the driver, i.e. it was a pool car and there were a number of possible drivers all denying it; they themselves would be in court explaining this.

It's not ideal from an administration perspective but not uncommon and not an indicator of any wrongdoing.

The club may well have been to court and found not guilty. If log books are not kept all they have to do is prove they have done due diligence in trying to identify the driver....

Agree with Ian, a nothing story made into a malicious allegation....

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
At the end of the day the weight is on Yann's shoulders, no one elses.

If he has deliberately avoided Court appearances then he will have to pay for that one way or another. If it truly has been a mistake then I'm sure that will be settled also.

Could the situation reflect badly on the Club? Possibly. But does the Club HAVE to get involved? Not at all. Yann is an adult and should be taking responsibility for these situations.

Either way, if there is any blame, its with Yann, not the Club.

Jul 29, 2010
Adam":m1446to9 said:

If he has deliberately avoided Court appearances then he will have to pay for that one way or another. If it truly has been a mistake then I'm sure that will be settled also.

Could the situation reflect badly on the Club? Possibly. But does the Club HAVE to get involved? Not at all. Yann is an adult and should be taking responsibility for these situations.

Yup, and every new headline the situation provokes, the less I feel warmth towards the individual.

As for 'not knowing about the incident' that's just poppycock. I don't suggest all footballers are on a vanity quest but if you have an 'online presence' then you will be aware when your name comes up online. His name will have come up linked to virtually nothing else in recent weeks and months. Unaware?, my arse. Doesn't follow news stories?, my arse.

If he had a shred of decency he would make contact with the authorities and clear this up, clear his name if he can or take the rap if he can't. It is really very simple to do.

This 'playing ignorance' just smacks of hoping it'll go away. It won't and the club vicariously gets tarnished with each appearance he dodges, because a negative story with Plymouth Argyle linked somehow sells papers or picks up clickbait.

As for the other matter, "l can't remember who was driving", a simple law change that states the car can be seized until such time as a named driver is provided would soon jog memories and put the 'Mr Loopholes' of this world out of their sordid little businesses.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
X Isle":3m0krvkk said:
Adam":3m0krvkk said:

Yup, and every new headline the situation provokes, the less I feel warmth towards the individual.

As for 'not knowing about the incident' that's just poppycock. I don't suggest all footballers are on a vanity quest but if you have an 'online presence' then you will be aware when your name comes up online. His name will have come up linked to virtually nothing else in recent weeks and months. Unaware?, my arse. Doesn't follow news stories?, my arse.

If he had a shred of decency he would make contact with the authorities and clear this up, clear his name if he can or take the rap if he can't. It is really very simple to do.

This 'playing ignorance' just smacks of hoping it'll go away. It won't and the club vicariously gets tarnished with each appearance he dodges, because a negative story with Plymouth Argyle linked somehow sells papers or picks up clickbait.

As for the other matter, "l can't remember who was driving", a simple law change that states the car can be seized until such time as a named driver is provided would soon jog memories and put the 'Mr Loopholes' of this world out of their sordid little businesses.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

Exactly....top post X Isle.. top post...Time someone at Argyle got a grip...its becoming a joke the contempt for law and order, a complete joke....

Jul 29, 2010
Apart from the fact I didn't call for Argyle to 'get a grip'. They are vicariously involved as they get linked by the media but the RESPONSIBILITY is all on the individual here. So far he's been pee poor at taking responsibility.

Argyle could poke him with a big stick to get it sorted but it is HIS responsibility.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
X Isle":3q055udm said:
Apart from the fact I didn't call for Argyle to 'get a grip'. They are vicariously involved as they get linked by the media but the RESPONSIBILITY is all on the individual here. So far he's been pi$$ poor at taking responsibility.

Argyle could poke him with a big stick to get it sorted but it is HIS responsibility.

Bang on the mark again X Isle.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
X Isle":134mn1ck said:
Apart from the fact I didn't call for Argyle to 'get a grip'. They are vicariously involved as they get linked by the media but the RESPONSIBILITY is all on the individual here. So far he's been pi$$ poor at taking responsibility.

This, for me. I care about whether he embarrasses the club. Does he?

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Surely if he keeps missing his court appearances without good reason then a custodial sentence could be looming

Jul 29, 2010
Devizes Green":xqlp2wp7 said:
Surely if he keeps missing his court appearances without good reason then a custodial sentence could be looming
Reading between the lines of the last appearance comments from the court clerk the 'defence' appears to be feigning ignorance to having ever been summoned to court in the first place. Play dumb for long enough and the six month rule will lapse and he can't be touched.

The very pinnacle of being a morally upstanding citizen that innit, not. Unaware of this he simply cannot be, yer average Joe Soap doesn't get headlines in the local rag and his name plastered all over t'internet.

Just get it sorted out Yann, have your day in court or just take the rap for it, this impasse just makes you look like a bit of a throckmorton.

Apr 29, 2016
If it's true not really sure why everyone's getting on their high horse for Songo'o not attending court three times. Haven't you thought that Songo'o's French and in the close season probably isn't even in the country! Hence why the clerk of the court adjourned the hearing, in the end, to late July. Get a grip X Isle or do you just enjoy moaning for the sake of it?

Jul 29, 2010
Thanks for the advice but I've just gripped and bizarrely it didn't change my mind.

Until resolved, one way or t'other, Yann Songo'o still remains a bit of a throckmorton to me.