Yann in court today | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Yann in court today

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Thomas Edwards":1b83olt7 said:
Frank_Butcher":1b83olt7 said:
But also worth noting that 42 in a 30 is possible disqualification. 86 in a 70 isn't (first offence). Context is everything in speeding offences and hence why the 34mph example earlier is possible even though Thomas is technically correct about the 35mph threshold.

I'd eat my socks if anyone was ever given a disqualification for 42 in a 30. Ignore the sentencing guidelines. 42 gets you a National Speed Awareness Course, anything up to and inclusive of 49mph will get you a fixed penalty (unless of course totting provisions mean you can't comply with a fixed penalty).

Context doesn't come a great deal into it.

It's the law. Police forces still adhere to the ACPO guidelines of 10% + 2mph.
That Tom is 40% above the speed limit and could invoke a ban of your licence.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
memory man":2rqh8tht said:
justanotherfan":2rqh8tht said:
After reading some of the posts on this subject, Ponty, what a refreshingly grown up attitude.
Was just going to post the same thing jaf.
Thanks guys. It comes down to being in the wrong and accepting it.

If I wasn't speeding I wouldn't have had the consequences.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Ponty":1v3ts1hv said:
Thomas Edwards":1v3ts1hv said:
Frank_Butcher":1v3ts1hv said:
But also worth noting that 42 in a 30 is possible disqualification. 86 in a 70 isn't (first offence). Context is everything in speeding offences and hence why the 34mph example earlier is possible even though Thomas is technically correct about the 35mph threshold.

I'd eat my socks if anyone was ever given a disqualification for 42 in a 30. Ignore the sentencing guidelines. 42 gets you a National Speed Awareness Course, anything up to and inclusive of 49mph will get you a fixed penalty (unless of course totting provisions mean you can't comply with a fixed penalty).

That Tom is 40% above the speed limit and could invoke a ban of your licence.

I know the math, I'm just talking about reality...

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Thomas Edwards":2lmxsku1 said:
Frank_Butcher":2lmxsku1 said:

Nope. NPCC these days (not ACPO). As you say they are guidelines, but context very much applies - the extent depends on the force. And BTW I suspect Pogles 34MPH incident was a static if in Chicklade, so 10% typically.

Anyway, this has ceased to be Argyle Discussion.

Aug 2, 2011
Ponty":3p68xm69 said:
Frank_Butcher":3p68xm69 said:
philmeboots":3p68xm69 said:
Bubba":3p68xm69 said:
Wrong Odders the police decide if an Awareness course is an option not the offender.

The police decide whether to offer a course and the guilty driver can decide on which option to take. I have been told that the criteria for offering the course is that you must be within 10% of the speed limit plus 9 miles an hour. Therefore if you are doing under 42 mph in a 30 limit you will be offered a course or under 86 in a 70 mph zone.

I attended a course after being caught doing 84mph on the M4 at Bristol.

The course organisers were not police employees and were quite easy to get on with. I found it quite educational which surprised me as I always classed myself as an experienced driver but found out I learnt a lot on the day.

I'd say it was a valuable exercise and walked away a wiser person.

Experience is irrelevant. What is of importance is competence. You can have 30 years experi nce that does not make you a competent driver.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Thomas Edwards":2uen5rvg said:
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Frank.

Back on topic...

It is on topic though and this thread is quite interesting.Songo was done for speeding....