Will Carey Stay? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will Carey Stay?

Where do you think GC10 will be in season 2017/2018?

• Argyle

Votes: 104 41.3%
  • Sheffield United

Votes: 73 29.0%
  • Wigan

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Portsmouth

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Sheffield Wednesday

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Bradford

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Millwall

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Norwich

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Cardiff

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Another club not mentioned above

Votes: 27 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Tugboat":ljb3r77y said:
Nobby":ljb3r77y said:
plymouthboyuk":ljb3r77y said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/graham-carey-open-to-the-idea-of-signing-a-new-plymouth-argyle-contract/story-30317421-detail/story.html

Carey is open to signing a new contract with Argyle.
Very interesting interview.

That read to me as "I like it here, but if the Championship comes calling..."

And I'd be utterly amazed if at least one didn't.

Likewise and with the exception of Burton Albion, I'd understand him signing for any of them.

Aug 10, 2006
justanotherfan":3eo0xbcy said:
Would he get the freedom to be "Graham Carey" at a Championship club or would he have to play to a strict team shape, or even be the first name on the team sheet, or even on the team sheet. I don`t see Graham as being content to be a bench warmer.
that's how I see it but a few grand more a week will make the bench more comfortable.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
gaspargomez":2h69ea9t said:
Is he as good as the left sided players Argyle had when they were a successful Championship Club ?
Halamosi, Sinclair, Noone, Bolasie.
I guess thats the standard.
All different types of player, and the latter two were sadly not quite ready for that level when we were there. Carey isn't really a left-sided player in my opinion, he just happens to be left footed.

Jan 27, 2012
I think you are probably right in that he is not a winger. Probably a better comparison would be with Friio- a creative midfielder who can score a few goals.

Oct 21, 2015
Just woken up after a nightmare...Carey had signed for Pompey for Mickey Mouse money...with Cookie saying we missed out on Reid but got this one from Argyle. Must be the drink ....

Aug 10, 2006
raffertymariner":3oa64zub said:
Just woken up after a nightmare...Carey had signed for Pompey for Mickey Mouse money...with Cookie saying we missed out on Reid but got this one from Argyle. Must be the drink ....
also been thinking that for a while.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
PL2 3DQ":ynotv9j2 said:
Straight after the Grimsby game Carey went to the dug out to collect his spare shirt and ran to the fans and gave it to a young fan.

The rest of the players did the same later but only when they came back out to celebrate promotion.

Carey's gesture, in his 100th game for Argyle, looked to be planned and was it a goodbye?

I thought exactly the same it did look scripted and some of the other players held back as if to let him be the first player to come over to the fans, he also led the warm up pre-kick off.
Enough signs yesterday to suggest he is off, disappointed if in deed he goes, but good luck to him and in DA I trust for an adequate replacement.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Obviously I'd love Carey to stay, but to those saying he's not replaceable, how many of you had even heard of Graham Carey before he signed? I even remember some people being underwhelmed by him during pre season. Hope he stays but I trust DA to find another nugget should he leave.

Mar 23, 2008
Think he will go but is being very respectful in the way he goes about it. He's not only a very good player but seems a decent man and if he gets his chance at a championship club which I suspect he will, we would all wish him well.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
I'm not sure what else he could say really... was a fairly standard non-committal, media trained response to a question.

Apr 4, 2015
i also think it was a non committal response and i think he will go, with my good wishes,,,,,,,,,,as long as it isnt to pompey. He has done brilliantly for us and a championship club will take a chance on him with no transfer fee they can offer way more than we can. After all is said and done he aint a local lad and he has to get the most for his family over the next 5 years so good luck to him and thanks for the memories.

Mar 29, 2017
I've heard a rumour that his house has gone up on the market.

If true it's either coincidental timing or the wheels are already in motion for a move away.

Was a bit of a Chinese whisper though so won't read too much in to it until we get some official news.

Apr 15, 2008
London
He's one of the best players outside the Championship, so it's almost certain he'll get some good offers. Sad, but we just have to pocket the money, wish him well and find the next Carey.

May 8, 2011
PAFCMatt84":uub66v1b said:
I've heard a rumour that his house has gone up on the market.

If true it's either coincidental timing or the wheels are already in motion for a move away.

Was a bit of a Chinese whisper though so won't read too much in to it until we get some official news.

He was renting a house, they moved out last weekend and his wife moved back to Scotland. She said they do each year, but it may be due to wanting to be near her family for support as the baby is due in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.