Will Carey Stay? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will Carey Stay?

Where do you think GC10 will be in season 2017/2018?

• Argyle

Votes: 104 41.3%
  • Sheffield United

Votes: 73 29.0%
  • Wigan

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Portsmouth

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Sheffield Wednesday

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Bradford

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Millwall

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Norwich

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Cardiff

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Another club not mentioned above

Votes: 27 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2012
With no transfer fee required I'm sure at the very least a few clubs can at least match the wages we can and offer a rather large signing on fee.

Can't see him being here next season.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Carlo":30i6rg85 said:
With no transfer fee required I'm sure at the very least a few clubs can at least match the wages we can and offer a rather large signing on fee.

Can't see him being here next season.

We can offer him a signing on bonus/loyalty fee.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Straight after the Grimsby game Carey went to the dug out to collect his spare shirt and ran to the fans and gave it to a young fan.

The rest of the players did the same later but only when they came back out to celebrate promotion.

Carey's gesture, in his 100th game for Argyle, looked to be planned and was it a goodbye?

Jun 2, 2016
PL2 3DQ":1rlxzwat said:
Straight after the Grimsby game Carey went to the dug out to collect his spare shirt and ran to the fans and gave it to a young fan.

The rest of the players did the same later but only when they came back out to celebrate promotion.

Carey's gesture, in his 100th game for Argyle, looked to be planned and was it a goodbye?

More than likely he will leave, but at the moment he won't know whether that is certain or where he might be going. It'll take weeks for his offers to come in. The gestures today were standard for end of season.

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

If the relationship between Carey and Adams is as good as we are led to believe, if I was Del, I would have a man to man talk to him.

I would ask him to sign a new contract, with terms he is happy with, including a release clause for £350-500k. With the idea of allowing him to leave this window.

It's a win win scenario. Argyle receive at least a bit of a transfer fee, and Carey leaves with our wishes, while also he himself receives a acknowledgement from the buying club that they were willing to pay a transfer fee for someone of his quality. Wolves/Sheff et al can pay a small fee, and that's an immediate show of faith in Carey.

The last thing Carey would want, is to stall his career at an important stage, by sitting on a bench. I'd want guarantees, right from the start.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Why would he tie any club that wants him into paying £350-500k to Argyle when he could move for no transfer fee and get the club to pay that amount, or some proportion of, directly to him as a signing-on fee?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The Doctor":e4ffacsy said:
Why would he tie any club that wants him into paying £350-500k to Argyle when he could move for no transfer fee and get the club to pay that amount, or some proportion of, directly to him as a signing-on fee?

Exactly

For me he's rightly earned a lucrative financial reward.

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

The Doctor":3fma9c7r said:

Good point, I didn't think about that. And the validation he would need. Makes my comment moot.

Fair play, you win this round Doctor. ;-)

Aug 11, 2013
One of the reasons I went yesterday was the feeling this might be the last time I'd see Carey in an Argyle shirt. Think we've gotta be realistic and come to terms with the fact that Derek probably needs to start looking for a replacement as he's likely to have some big money offers over the summer.

There's a part of me however, that thinks Carey realises, he is where he is because of Derek Adams and he's the manager who gets the best out of him. There's a speck of hope that loyalty to DA for what he's done for his career (as opposed to some money move that in the end doesn't work out) might just clinch it, but I'm probably grasping at straws there what with the football money merryground. I do also think it's sometimes better to be a big fish in a small pond with a league 1 Argyle rather than a small fish in a big pond in the Championship, where let's face it, he probably spend some time on the bench given the quality there. We'll see.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Would he get the freedom to be "Graham Carey" at a Championship club or would he have to play to a strict team shape, or even be the first name on the team sheet, or even on the team sheet. I don`t see Graham as being content to be a bench warmer.

Jan 27, 2012
Is he as good as the left sided players Argyle had when they were a successful Championship Club ?
Halamosi, Sinclair, Noone, Bolasie.
I guess thats the standard.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
plymouthboyuk":2q9ts833 said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/graham-carey-open-to-the-idea-of-signing-a-new-plymouth-argyle-contract/story-30317421-detail/story.html

Carey is open to signing a new contract with Argyle.
Very interesting interview.

That read to me as "I like it here, but if the Championship comes calling..."

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nobby":tf871thv said:
plymouthboyuk":tf871thv said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/graham-carey-open-to-the-idea-of-signing-a-new-plymouth-argyle-contract/story-30317421-detail/story.html

Carey is open to signing a new contract with Argyle.
Very interesting interview.

That read to me as "I like it here, but if the Championship comes calling..."

And I'd be utterly amazed if at least one didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.