Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams? | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who Would You Have To Replace Derek Adams?

Dec 2, 2010
Nigel Adkins would be a good fit with Argyle and has the experience in this division and taking clubs higher. Also, at one time, had the best record of any replacement manager during a season....something Argyle would definitely need if the axe fell.

Jul 28, 2017
Hypothetical question I know as Derek Adams is the manager of Plymouth Argyle. However should he leave this season who would you like to see replace him?

No discussion of the merits or otherwise of other managers. Keep it short and simple- just a name of the next Argyle manager.

Feb 8, 2005
Too far into the future.

Depends who's available at the time.

I ain't got no crystal ball!!!

Jul 12, 2016
Hopefully he will be long gone before his contract is out.Whether he keeps us up or not I don't go to Home Park to watch boring football. To the best of my knowledge nobody else has been trying to entice Adams away since he came to us.Says it all really.

Feb 5, 2015
Sorry to disappoint all of you who are praying for Adams to be sacked, but he won't be.

Far too costly for Argyle to get rid - he'll be backed regardless by the board.

We don't have a shedload of cash, but Adams will be kept on and the club will miraculously find some cash down the back of the sofa for a couple of players in Jan... potentially a couple of loans too.

We have actually become a very tempting destination of choice for clubs to send loanees to. We're basically bottom, hardly scoring and not exactly playing delightful football... anyone who comes in on loan or on a permanent deal in Jan is likely to be an automatic starter, so I think we'll see some movement.

Also - some of the names being touted in this thread are laughable. Ainsworth and Sturrock in particular are horrendous shouts.

Ainsworth hasn't done anything... Wycombe have stagnated, arguably gone backwards - they've not made the play-offs since they beat us. They don't play good football either and how many times have we criticised their time-wasting and use of the 'dark arts.' Do we want that reputation?

Nov 18, 2011
Graham Evans":3dyhmdu5 said:
Tony Pulis , asap.

I imagine that was said in jest.

There'll be a desperate Premier League soon that'll be happy to give him a job if it means survival, I'm thinking Swansea right now.

He's way out of Argyle's league!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Joe Totale":2noemcaj said:
Graham Evans":2noemcaj said:
Tony Pulis , asap.

I imagine that was said in jest.

There'll be a desperate Premier League soon that'll be happy to give him a job if it means survival, I'm thinking Swansea right now.

He's way out of Argyle's league!

No chance it was said in jest, that post goes to show how deluded some Argyle fans are.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Army green":1gl5k1zc said:
Johndelve":1gl5k1zc said:
Don’t think Coughlan would take the job ( not that I think Adam’s will walk or be sacked anyway).
It would be Coughlans first managerial job and as such he would want to get a job where he could give himself a chance of success . Football is a very harsh business and he failed with us he may not get another job .

Coughlan would jump at the chance to be the manger of Plymouth argyle. I think he would be a decent appointment too. I'm shocked people are suggesting ainsworth or sturrock, I can't take that seriously. I would like Graham Alexander from Scunthorpe, it would never happen as it would mean spending money, we have a ice rink to build first.[/quote]

What a crass, ignorant irrelevant comment.