Transfer Deadline Day (Morgan & Thomas out, O'Connor in) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Transfer Deadline Day (Morgan & Thomas out, O'Connor in)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Only a couple of hours away now, where do you think we need to strengthen? What do you expect to see happen? And do you think we'll be bringing anyone in before the deadline?

Basically, i thought it might be a good idea to have deadline day covered as one thread instead of several if different players get linked etc, although i can't say i'm expecting a particularly busy day.

What we need?
Left Back/Left wing back
CM
Striker
Maybe someone else too i'm just not sure what

I reckon we might get 2/4, a LWB and a CM

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I would guess Morgan to Hartlepool and Kellett in on loan until the end of the season.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":c2sxtj90 said:
I would guess Morgan to Hartlepool and Kellett in on loan until the end of the season.
This plus either O'Connor or maybe a similar type player. I do think when push comes to shove Blackburn MIGHT just think 'sod this, he's not gonna leave on a permanent basis so we may as well let him have his loan move to Plymouth'. Not saying I'd bet my house on it, but I wouldn't rule it out at all either.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Perhaps River Allen to Torquay or a similar club?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argy1e":2nbkisaf said:
Only a couple of hours away now, where do you think we need to strengthen? What do you expect to see happen? And do you think we'll be bringing anyone in before the deadline?

Basically, i thought it might be a good idea to have deadline day covered as one thread instead of several if different players get linked etc, although i can't say i'm expecting a particularly busy day.

What we need?
Left Back/Left wing back
CM
Striker

That's more than a third of a team

Jul 29, 2010
Odd one really, the more we sign the longer he's staying. So in all honesty I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed no-one.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":3gfr9o6n said:
Argy1e":3gfr9o6n said:

What we need?
Left Back/Left wing back
CM
Striker

That's more than a third of a team
Team is more than just 11 players, we have very little on the bench.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Flanagan's loan ends after the Wycombe game on the 10th and with Hartley back I doubt if the loan will be extended so scope for another loanee, either on Monday or when the emergency transfer window opens.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Argy1e":2ig43ssc said:

What we need?
Left Back/Left wing back
CM
Striker

Think a LWB is all we really need to be honest. I still think we're lacking somebody of O'Connor's quality to go alongside Cox but think we're asking a bit much for another midfielder. Although it's not Sheridan's fault O'Connor won't come back, he should've done better business when he had the chance. I don't mind Norburn or Lee but just don't feel either are good enough to be regular starters.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Got to get a couple in or we will probably finish bottom half of the table. We have several very good players but need more ability going forward and retaining the ball. WE NEED PROMOTION THIS SEASON, no excuses. For a city our size it would be wrong to expect less.

If we fail to go up how many season tickets and what attendance figures next season. We've been too long stuggling to beat teams in the lowest division. Many may not pay good money for yet another season of fearing playing teams with gates of 2,000 and being told a game will be hard as they are very good teams. We should not be in fear of any team in this division, they should see us as the team to fear. Another season in this division will I feel loose us a lot of support that we have done well to hold onto. Supporters I talk to are becoming very disillusioned with watching dire football for far too many years.
:oops:
Thank god we have the Fanfest, which is top premier league :scarf: