Teams like Plymouth | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Teams like Plymouth

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Lundan Cabbie":1ydj201f said:
Now it seems that he used the word "little" to describe Argyle. Chinese whispers and all that. And in only four pages too :facepalm:

Personally, I can't believe this topic is worthy of even four pages........ something and nothing story really.

Aug 15, 2008
It's farcical. Brown is annoyed due to his side battering us in the first half. However Football is a 90 minute game not 45. Also we have all seen teams get played off the park and sneak a win - it happens but I'm not suggesting that was the case yesterday.

The squad demonstrated character and our manager nous at Roots Hall. We have made a decent start to this league campaign. We will be hard to beat this year - we won't roll over and the bloody mindedness of last year is continuing.

A very good point gleaned and was nearly three but for the Southend keeper.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Teams like Plymouth that he actually wanted to manage on a couple of occasions? Except when our board see him doing his half time team talks on the pitch and singing Elvis songs decided he should just jog on !

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
They are at home. 1-0 up to an own goal. dominating.
Their manager says (or intends to say): We should be putting teams away, like Plymouth today.

And we (some of us!) decide to take offence at that?
The media is right, August is a slow news month! :facepalm:

Aug 5, 2016
janner67":1gmc7ozf said:
Lobster":1gmc7ozf said:
These threads crack me up. We had them in the championship and league 1 last time, and everyone is up in arms when other clubs' players/managers say "teams like Plymouth".

Yet the same thing was all over this board when we were in league two. "Teams like Morecambe/Accrington/Newport etc."

We've just come up, so established teams expect to beat us. Rightly or, more likely, wrongly. They are wrong to say it, but the high horse brigade need to have a look at themselves.

Also, who cares. I'd rather teams underestimate us than not.

All of this could have been avoided if only he had just said 'games like these' instead of using our name. Let's hope we use it against him in the reverse fixture.

It could also be avoided if fans weren't such snowflakes and get all hot and bothered about a comment they have read the wrong way.

Brown was saying that Southend need to put games to bed, like Plymouth today. He didn't pluck Argyle as an example of a small club. He picked us as an example of an opponent they were all over for 45 minutes and then let back in the game. He used Argyle because the match just happened an hour before in front of all those supporters.

Please try not to be so delicate!! The outrage in this thread is embarrassing.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
But we are just Plymouth to everyone else. We never have a world beater, never been champions of anything big, we are no different to every other run of the mill professional club which aspire for great things but are unlikely to ever do so. We are merely a statistic in the grand scheme of things.

P

Positively Green

Lancastergreen":3sbc9o8h said:
But we are just Plymouth to everyone else. We never have a world beater, never been champions of anything big, we are no different to every other run of the mill professional club which aspire for great things but are unlikely to ever do so. We are merely a statistic in the grand scheme of things.

Most people would say the same about Southend.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Lundan Cabbie":1sduzgmw said:
Am I missing something here? Southend WERE playing Argyle today. It would be a stupid comment if he said "We need to get that killer instinct about us and put teams away like Charlton today."

Totally agree. I didn't read anything in that article that was in anyway disrespectful. Southend were the better side in the first half by all accounts and did create chances to get a second but failed to convert. This would leave any manager frustrated.
Some people are wayyyy too sensitive!