Shirts debacle. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Shirts debacle.

Jan 3, 2013
Lundan Cabbie":3d1c8gwf said:
Steve Evans":3d1c8gwf said:
Lundan Cabbie":3d1c8gwf said:
Steve Evans":3d1c8gwf said:
fbt would offer argyle better terms than puma lundan.their rep,my friend vernon has told me this ad nauseum.

How about if that included 80% discount on all clothing used by the club and 12 weeks credit for the payment of invoices. Could a small local company manage such conditions? Could they cope with that sort of cash flow? It's not just about delivering boxes asap after an order is received. In fact, that comes way down the list of necessities.
F.B.T. are not a small local company lundan.they manufacture in thailand and their owner is mega wealthy.again,my friend vernon has told me this many a time.

Without knowing the finer details of the Puma deal, it's impossible to speculate on whether Vernon could offer better.

What I'm fed up with is the quality of all the shirts, polos, etc .

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Knarf Reprah":2r2manml said:
What I'm fed up with is the quality of all the shirts, polos, etc .

I get the concerns around supply and designs with a large company like Puma, but I've never really had any issue with the basic quality.

You'll be seeing the same materials used in a replica football shirt or training wear whether it's made by Umbro, Puma or FBT. And FBT's full name of Football Thai Factory Sporting Goods doesn't exactly inspire confidence they will be of any higher quality (apologies to any Thai factory owners reading).

What I would like to see is leisure wear rather than training wear. I'd buy a simple green cotton polo with an Argyle badge and Puma logo. Not so keen on the much thinner, sportswear polos.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Right... cheers. As I said before, I'd take Umbro and Errea out of that list. Not a fan of FBT at all, sorry Vernon!

Sep 6, 2006
GreenArmy1984":2ppuqekp said:
Argyle Kit Manufacturers Since The 80s

Adidas
Bukta
Pilgrim
Umbro
Ribero
Admiral
Super League
Errea
Patrick
TFG
Puma
Adidas
Puma

Quite sad that you know that! :facepalm:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Biggs":1w54801t said:
Right... cheers. As I said before, I'd take Umbro and Errea out of that list. Not a fan of FBT at all, sorry Vernon!
I don't like their Doncaster or Newport efforts, but I do like their Crewe and Scunthorpe ones this season.

Aug 11, 2013
My daughter bought a shirt recently. First wash - 40 degrees - and all the badges are peeling off ! Gonna return it.? Twice I've been in shop and people complaining about the quality but thought people were being fussy. Poor.

Jul 29, 2010
I VERY much doubt this away shirt is more popular than last season's.

I like it, but it's very much more marmite.