Ryan Edwards (Signed - confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Edwards (Signed - confirmed)

Sep 28, 2003
London
Now this is the kind of signing that really peaks my interest - young, but with a pedigree already. Morecambe fans obviously really rate him.

Small point but it's so nice to be fighting off other clubs to sign players again, I nearly forgot what that was like.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Argy1e":2ec6x48i said:
jimsing":2ec6x48i said:
Compensation paid - hope that doesn't mean that Sonny is going.
Edwards is right sided. We still need another left sided CB though. Can't imagine Sonny will be off anywhere unless a decent fee is paid by someone.

Should Sonny fail to attend Court over his driving issues, it could be construed by Argyle as an act of gross misconduct as a result the Club could suspend him, or even release him. I hope his time abroad is considered to be a valid reason for his apparent nonappearance in the Courts.

Feb 8, 2005
Quintrell_Green":2xeqwfnv said:
Argy1e":2xeqwfnv said:
jimsing":2xeqwfnv said:
Edwards is right sided. We still need another left sided CB though. Can't imagine Sonny will be off anywhere unless a decent fee is paid by someone.

Should Sonny fail to attend Court over his driving issues, it could be construed by Argyle as an act of gross misconduct as a result the Club could suspend him, or even release him. I hope his time abroad is considered to be a valid reason for his apparent nonappearance in the Courts.

You're mixing up Sonny with Songoo.

Dec 8, 2011
jimsing":4llcmhu9 said:
Quintrell_Green":4llcmhu9 said:
Argy1e":4llcmhu9 said:
jimsing":4llcmhu9 said:

You're mixing up Sonny with Songoo.

To look at them I'd not guess who was who .....

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Bloody hell, can we stop with the 'x has signed, that means y is leaving'.

Because we've signed an attacking midfielder doesn't mean Carey is definitely going, and signing a defender certainly doesn't mean Bradley is going.

You are aware we need more than one player in each position, so can we nip this in the bud?

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":1f9idl5a said:
Argy1e":1f9idl5a said:
jimsing":1f9idl5a said:

You`re Mister Magoo and I claim my five pounds. :twisted:

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
Biggs":kzcljoud said:
Bloody hell, can we stop with the 'x has signed, that means y is leaving'.

Because we've signed an attacking midfielder doesn't mean Carey is definitely going, and signing a defender certainly doesn't mean Bradley is going.

You are aware we need more than one player in each position, so can we nip this in the bud?

Yes, this!

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Great news, a first team regular it would appear, not merely a squad player to act as cover.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ryan must be the most popular first name in the squad over the last two years.

Well done Saturday Service, another one in the bag!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argy1e":2yzzxp8p said:
True, although I'm not certain about the 15k being all we've spent in recent seasons. We were told it was the first fee the board had paid for a player, but then a few seasons ago we were told we signed O'Connor and Cowan-Hall for a fee. There probably are better players around available for free though so this might not be the best option correct.

If we did wait until October though, as far as I'm aware, he could always be 'on trial' and be playing in the Peninsular league, though not an ideal situation.

The £15,000 fee for Blissett was the first time Adams had paid a transfer fee for a player in nine years of management and not the first fee paid for a player by the current Argyle board of directors.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PL2 3DQ":2h9j57xq said:
Argy1e":2h9j57xq said:
True, although I'm not certain about the 15k being all we've spent in recent seasons. We were told it was the first fee the board had paid for a player, but then a few seasons ago we were told we signed O'Connor and Cowan-Hall for a fee. There probably are better players around available for free though so this might not be the best option correct.

If we did wait until October though, as far as I'm aware, he could always be 'on trial' and be playing in the Peninsular league, though not an ideal situation.

The £15,000 fee for Blissett was the first time Adams had paid a transfer fee for a player in nine years of management and not the first fee paid for a player by the current Argyle board of directors.
Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up.

P

Peter

Welcome aboard Ryan.

Reading this thread I summise that he has been signed to replace Carey in case Bradley is convicted for Songo's misdemeanour.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pasoti will be sponsoring RE for the home games this season!

:scarf:

Welcome aboard Ryan.