Retained list (Confirmed) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (Confirmed)

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
DartingtonPilgrim":l8xq7qdb said:
Would say that depends on the extension clause and who has the option, if the club has the option then the power is with them

If I was the player I'd insist it went both ways. Can't imagine any player not doing so.

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
Mike Charlick":w0h73zfi said:
DartingtonPilgrim":w0h73zfi said:
Would say that depends on the extension clause and who has the option, if the club has the option then the power is with them

If I was the player I'd insist it went both ways. Can't imagine any player not doing so.

But that would then make such a clause completely pointless and useless to anyone...

Dec 2, 2005
London
Jimmyd":277dlrnp said:
Mike Charlick":277dlrnp said:
DartingtonPilgrim":277dlrnp said:

But that would then make such a clause completely pointless and useless to anyone...

Why?

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Rumour has it Mansfield paying well above the odds on wages. Zander Diamond was offered double what he got at Northampton, Mr Evans has a history of finding money for players wages, some of the stories of his non league days and visits from Police and Tax inspectors are fairly well documented. I'm sure Jimmy has had a very reasonable offer.

Jun 2, 2016
Re Bradley and Threlkeld having another year triggered in their contract. Aren't the the sort of players we should be offering 2/3 year deals to? I'm well aware of the 1 year contract policy, but it seems to me they should be the backbone of the team for at least a couple of years, and if we don't get them on longer deals we'll lose them for nothing next Summer.

Aug 8, 2014
the_corkscrew":20m3n62q said:
Re Bradley and Threlkeld having another year triggered in their contract. Aren't the the sort of players we should be offering 2/3 year deals to? I'm well aware of the 1 year contract policy, but it seems to me they should be the backbone of the team for at least a couple of years, and if we don't get them on longer deals we'll lose them for nothing next Summer.

Totally agree especially when an injured Nathan Thomas has some how demanded a 300k transfer fee despite being crocked!!
If we had carey signed up as he should be he'd be demanding a fee of well over 750k IMHO