"Proper" Argyle Green!! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"Proper" Argyle Green!!

Jul 29, 2010
You might as well dig the hole you're creating for yourself a bit deeper Ian so i'll set you a landmine...

Hot on the heels (sic) of "fairy" and "man up", what do you consider to be quite so wrong with having a feminine side?

If it was meant to be an insult, it isn't. I'm happy to acknowledge mine and would be suspicious of any man who professed not to have one. Primarily because they'd be lying, but also what is behind that denial?, what demon 'isms' lie therein?

You do seem to have a bit of a recurring obsession with masculinity/sexuality down there. D'ya wanna talk through your issues. Go on, don't sit on the fence (or inder your bridge) be a little more open with your homophobia so the Mods can pull the flush :wave:

Apr 1, 2017
Oh dear X do you take Ramipril ? if so you need to up the dose, if not try an extra chill pill.

Just a point. After a lifetime in the printing industry I can assure you that it has been scientifically proven that one third of all men (and no women) are colour blind, and the remaining two thirds see the same colour in a variety of different ways. Add to that the variance of the same colour in sunshine, clouds or artificial light, and you can be pretty certain that a crowd of 3000 will each see our green in a slightly different way. So you can't win!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
mervyn":3kypdpa9 said:
Just a point. After a lifetime in the printing industry I can assure you that it has been scientifically proven that one third of all men (and no women) are colour blind, and the remaining two thirds see the same colour in a variety of different ways. Add to that the variance of the same colour in sunshine, clouds or artificial light, and you can be pretty certain that a crowd of 3000 will each see our green in a slightly different way. So you can't win!

Thanks for that. Having learn't that, I am just glad I can tell the difference between a £5 note and a £!0 note when I am given change!

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Back on topic, thew new kit will disappoint a fair few I fear. I think we all know enough from leaked info that the dark green is staying (it may even be darker still), but there will be more white to provide a contrast.

Personally, having grown up watching Argyle through the 80s and 90s, I would much prefer a return to the emerald green kits, with combinations of black and white trims, shorts and socks.

"Proper Argyle Green" is what it means to the individual. My son for example only knows the dark green kits. At the end of the day, it doesn't actually matter if we play in emerald green, british racing green or enchanted forest delight... we're Argyle, we're the Green Army and we play in Green!!!

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
MajorGreen":3ogy8spb said:
Back on topic, thew new kit will disappoint a fair few I fear. I think we all know enough from leaked info that the dark green is staying (it may even be darker still), but there will be more white to provide a contrast.

Personally, having grown up watching Argyle through the 80s and 90s, I would much prefer a return to the emerald green kits, with combinations of black and white trims, shorts and socks.

"Proper Argyle Green" is what it means to the individual. My son for example only knows the dark green kits. At the end of the day, it doesn't actually matter if we play in emerald green, british racing green or enchanted forest delight... we're Argyle, we're the Green Army and we play in Green!!!

With you on that. I have always favoured the emerald green to the colour we have been wearing the last 15 years or so, the emerald green will always remain the true and traditional Argyle colour for me.

Jul 29, 2010
MajorGreen":14bcccoc said:

I too am with you... on this papagraph anyway. It has become a very subjective matter, thus making it very much a case of there NOT being a "proper green" at all.

I doubt the claim that this one will be "even darker". The mock up done from the 'hints' was, I suspect, simply an incorrectly coloured representation. It was also backed in black, which just added to the darkness of the kit on top of it. The proof will be in the viewing of it but i'd be very surprised if it was any darker.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm having some stickers done, which will be in the 'proper' Argyle green.

They'll be for the inside of windscreen/rear window and will be subtle in size (3" or 8cm).

A good percentage of the money will go to The Argyle Academy. :scarf:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
2 for me please.

Jul 29, 2010
dunlop":3qx7qqyy said:
2 for me please.
Ian hasn't said what the stickers actually say yet.

They could say 'honk if you're feeling horny' for all you know :lol:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Delighted we've stuck with the green that represents the most successful period in our history, and that the forum moaners haven't had their way.

Argyle green > Hibs green :wave:

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I worked in the Commercial Department under Bill Pearce in the late 70's. I asked Bill about the pantone for a particular poster we were doing. He replied "what is a pantone ?". When I gave him the answer he said "Green !".

So there wasn't an Argyle green then and there appears not to be one now either.