Potential Shopping List | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Potential Shopping List

Jul 10, 2013
So provided McCallum now resigns, we only need a striker and we are there with the squad I think as Songo'o and Threlkeld can cover Ness, Sarcevic and Fox should injuries come about.

Nov 2, 2004
They may be loans but I think we need two more midfielders.Four is not enough,injuries can quickly leave the team with one or two fit.Last season we began with 5.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Yes, I think we're looking OK at the moment!

It obviously remains to be seen how Ainsworth, Lameiras, Grant and Wylde perform but, inconsistency is a prerequisite for wingers and flair players... so he's gone for the numbers so he can change things around.

Like many have said, I'd love to see a pacey striker come in to supplement Taylor and Blissett... and maybe another midfielder?

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
DartingtonPilgrim":ylyx8uq4 said:
Given DA has a liking for players he has worked with before , i wonder if Hiram Boateng is on his radar for a return .

the best scout report there is i guess!

Wonder when the PL teams will start firming up their squads to assess who is available for loan. I guess in L1 we are more open to loans from PL teams looking for youngsters to get exposure to first XI football.

Nov 22, 2006
Another striker would be the last on my list then that squad is looking very capable of competing in League 1, another CM would be nice but not essiential with Fox, Ness, Sarcevic, Threlkeld and even Songo'o all capable of filling those positions

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Just been reading about Ryan Seager , Southampton under 23 striker , on there official site , came back from a long term injury in January . Has an excellent goalscoring record for their U21 side , would guess he will be available for loan , could be worth a try .

Jul 29, 2012
For me - 1 maybe 2 strikers with at least 1 being different type to what we have already.

Apr 4, 2015
i would like another striker, im hearing rumours about possible discussions with one as well which sounded very promising.

Aug 15, 2008
After the acquisition of some players with potential and the Carey saga put to bed I think we need a small pacey striker to run in behind and get defenders turning.
Taylor and Blissett are similar and we need another option. If we played with 2 up top then a quick guy is needed to be the foil off Taylor though we rarely put 2 up.
I'm quietly confident that we are going to have a good season.