Potential Shopping List | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Potential Shopping List

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oddball":256zwpew said:
early birds catch the worms though and many league l clubs are busy building squads for next season.. exeter will still be in league 2 next season so maybe argyle might put in offers for wheeler and watkins ...that would show intent and ambition and increase season ticket sales
The early birds didn't catch all the worms last season. Bradley and Fox are just 2 good examples.

Aug 5, 2016
greenwelly":1eytga8e said:
Watkins did not impress today. Thought Wheeler had the better game.

Wheeler was terrific, Watkins was WOEFUL.

A Leeds supporting mate said he couldn't believe they had been linked with a £4m bid for a player who lost the ball at every occasion against a League Two side.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":377un0ny said:
greenwelly":377un0ny said:

A Leeds supporting mate said he couldn't believe they had been linked with a £4m bid for a player who lost the ball at every occasion against a League Two side.
Totally agree. Watkins had the heart of a mouse today. Championship clubs beware.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oddball":1tgkmrnm said:
Argyle have got two million or thereabouts sitting in a bank account....we could afford him......

So the work on Harpers Park, the pitch, renovations within the horseshoe are all free then?

Wow, what a negotiator we have at PAFC eh?

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":e5nei3d8 said:
oddball":e5nei3d8 said:
Argyle have got two million or thereabouts sitting in a bank account....we could afford him......

So the work on Harpers Park, the pitch, renovations within the horseshoe are all free then?

Wow, what a negotiator we have at PAFC eh?

This

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":mdxjqkm9 said:
And 2 slow worms - Miller and Bulvitis!

They both figured prominently in our spell of 14 games (12 wins, 2 draws) from mid August to mid November so, if they were as you are describing them, they certainly contributed to our eventual league position.

Feb 8, 2005
oddball":152vms15 said:

I don't think that will be part of the managers budget - do you!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
McCormick

Threlkeld, New CB, Bradley, New LB

Fox, New CM

Jervis, Carey/New CAM, New winger

Taylor

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Ghost":3fz4njw1 said:
Knibbsworth":3fz4njw1 said:
greenwelly":3fz4njw1 said:

Totally agree. Watkins had the heart of a mouse today. Championship clubs beware.
Let's not get too carried away judging Watkins on one game. Carey didn't exactly tear up any trees in last year's play-off final did he? He's young & got talent but haven't seen enough to go breaking any budget - I can't believe those figures for him but would be delighted if we got him (partly to pee them off up the road).

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
notwithstanding what IJN has posted earlier, there is still a substantial wedge of money currently sitting in Argyle's bank account. Whether this goes towards player recruitment,who knows,but the likes of Watkins ansd Wheeler should be on DA's radar if we are looking to improve next season...

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
oddball":wngcaao6 said:
notwithstanding what IJN has posted earlier, there is still a substantial wedge of money currently sitting in Argyle's bank account. Whether this goes towards player recruitment,who knows,but the likes of Watkins ansd Wheeler should be on DA's radar if we are looking to improve next season...

I would suspect on current ability , there will be players the equal of or better than Watkins or Wheeler available for free during the summer . DA hasn't done too bad so far , so happy to trust his judgement .

May 21, 2015
Cobi Budge":1czcbs6g said:
McCormick

Threlkeld, New CB, Bradley, New LB

Fox, New CM

Jervis, Carey/New CAM, New winger

Taylor

Not far off my own thoughts Cobi.

We'll obviously be after another backup keeper to keep Luke on his toes, and others to replace those we released for squad depth. Scott Laird returning to challenge Sawyer for the LB slot would be pleasing.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I just feel quite excited about the standard of player DA can bring in, especially from Scotland.

If he can get players of the reputation of Carey, Wylde and Goodwillie when we were in League 2, I think we'd be looking at very good SPL players in League 1.