Portsmouth Match Thread (starting on page 5) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Portsmouth Match Thread (starting on page 5)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
All Matthews fault that goal, awful blunder, came out, tried to control it, got tackled, tap in.

Mar 14, 2009
To be fair Matthews has been v good since he has been here. Just one of those things.

This is now a test. Our ability to come from behind.

Dec 3, 2005
Goes with the territory of being a Goalie - ONE mistake and it usually ends in a goal - outfield players make loads of mistakes and usually not that important.

Dec 3, 2005
Sorry did i just hear the commentator say - Adams likes to play flowing football - really lol

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
1-0 HT.

Not a great game so far (no surprise there!). Pompey the better side - we've created very little in the final third.
We're still in this but need to step it up a fair bit second half to have any change of getting something out of this match.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The game changed within a minute.
Songo'o missed a header from a Fox free kick, he was unmarked 6 yards out and headed over. An incredible miss.
Straight away Matthews came outside his area for a long ball, miscontrolled it and the Pompey player rolled the ball into an empty net.

Matthews almost let in a high shot earlier. He's limping and clearly not fit.

We are losing the game in midfield. Pompey have several small tricky players and they are playing right through our midfield. We need more from Sarcevic and Diagouraga.

Sawyer is struggling against a direct winger who always goes outside of Sawyer's weaker right side. He's on a yellow so I would replace Sawyer.

Grant is playing well and Jervis running the channels is causing problems.
Portsmouth are not that good for a home team, they lack height. I still think we can beat them, we just need to grab a goal and make them panic.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
djg145":2fk9fkmq said:
Sorry did i just hear the commentator say - Adams likes to play flowing football - really lol

He clearly likes flowing football. Allows the opponent to play it every week.